High Plains Drifter.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:52 pm

Tonight we viewed our scope print of High Plains Drifter, never get tired of viewing this movie, fully restored some years ago, it is a good low fade print and looks great on the scope screen.
Screenshots here

High Plains Drifter, my restoration.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 08.18.2022 | Top

RE: High Plains Drifter.

#2 by Barry Attwood , Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:29 am

Nice print Tom, well done! I heard that back in the day Clint Eastwood did not like home movie editions of his films, that's why there are only a few on 8mm (he had no control over 16mm, it was classed as theatrical), but one of the best 8mm releases was the double album of this movie, Universal 8 did a great job in the 32 minute edit to keep the basic story intact!

Tom Photiou likes this
Barry Attwood  
Barry Attwood
Date registered 08.11.2015
home: Weeley, Essex, U.K.
ThankYou 50

RE: High Plains Drifter.

#3 by Tom Photiou , Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:33 pm

It was a very good edition Barry, we only sold ours on after buying this print. This one is just about fully restored to its theatrical release. There may be a minute or two more i could do with but only to tidy it to my own standards. It's an excellent print on low fade stock, the scope on this release does make a huge difference to.
I think Eastwood must have been fuming at the castle 200ft edition. Not so much the editing but the ridiculous censor with, "your going to look awfully silly with knife sticking in your ear", or was it, "in your rear"? Either way, it was badly done, plus all those snips after baddies were shot to make sure we didn't see any blood. The quality of the print itself back in the day though was very good, sound colour and image were all very good, thankfully U8 saved the day with the much better 2 x 400ft release.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 08.19.2022 | Top

Red River 1948
Private Benjamin TV version

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor