Review/ebay screenshots

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:38 am

I dont normally like to cross thread but i thought this one was worth a look at.
Personally, i cant think of anything simpler than taking a quick couple of snaps during projections. The only reply on the other channel was something like, "With digital photos as screenshots you can alter the colours a lot before posting", i cant see anyone bothering to doctor screenshots just to list a film, especially when its fading or scratched.
I'm sure most of us can spot a poor listing, they either have no images as at all, they may show a bit of film with a bit of light shinning through, or just as bad as no screenshots is those who copy perfect stills from the web and use them as images from the film, only an idiot would even bother looking at those listings UNLESS, the film is listed at a ridiculously low price and you happen to be one of the few bidders and get it for next to nothing, sometimes thats worth a gamble.
I think we can all safely say that large amounts of decent feedback tends to be a sign of a good seller.
Straightforward images taken direct during projection through the film are the easiest and best way.
Anyone in this hobby who has an ounce of a clue will know that the images are always no more than a guide, the projected image will always be better. For those collectors who purchase from ebay, surly by now they can spot a genuine screenshot and those who have used a filter to make the pictures look better?

Paul Browning likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Review/ebay screenshots

#2 by Paul Browning , Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Yeh, and if brains were dynamite they wouldn't have enough to blow there nose..............

Tom Photiou likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#3 by Dave Baker , Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

In reply to this thread , and not in a critical sense , for me anyway , taking screen shots from a print being projected can be a tedious job - especially when you MISS that scene you so wanted to include !
BUT taking screen shots is some of the FUN of creating a listing on eBay . And it gives me the chance to view a film I haven't watched in a while ( and it may be the LAST time ) .
And posting a pic of the movie poster is attractive , but I always include shots from the film and the reels too .

Here's an example of what I'm talking about -Werbung: www.ebay.com/itm/294912646211

Doing all this can help sell / or not sell a film . Anyway that's my take .
Dave

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

#4 by Mark Mander , Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:38 pm

I just looked on the other side and saw the thread, I have heard from various collectors hes notorious for turning people over so wouldn't take him seriously anyway, he once complained on a very respected collectors screenshots that they were doctored which they wasn't so there's your answer ,not a clue!!

I take screenshots for my listing, it gives buyers a good idea how the film looks, I'd rather do them than not, Mark

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#5 by Tom Photiou , Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:57 pm

Dave, its similar for me. I know this may sound extreme, but for the past 12 months or so i take screenshots for two reasons. 1/ mainly for reviews i do here, and 2/ ive built up a large selection of files, one for each title ive projected, these are stored on my pc for any future ebay sales. Twelve in each titled folder as thats the maximum for each listing.
In other words, im building files for each title we have (trailers included) so when i decide to sell the images are already saved.
I dont take images every time we watch films otherwise id never get to actualy just watch a film.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#6 by Greg Perry , Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:15 pm

Tom, this is an excellent idea. Makes it a lot easier to put up a listing on eBay when the pics are ready to go.

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

Last edited 04.16.2022 | Top

#7 by Tom Photiou , Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:21 am

I should have started it years ago, i still have a long way to go before all the films are done but it is a great excuse to view a lot more of our prints, especially the older items we have.
What i would do though, before considering a print for ebay that hasn't been viewed for a fair few years after taking screenshots, is to view it once more in case of any further fade. Decent low fade stock items will just be the same. I have yet to see a problem with any Fuji or LPP prints. A few people have mentioned fade on these but i wonder if the film stock of said titles is what they think it is?
My screenshots are always accurate, and films i list are viewed in full a day or so before listing. This way the listing is accurate, and to the point of the thread, the images are always 100% from the print for sale and NEVER doctored on a PC.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Greg Perry
Dave Baker sais Thank You!

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Happy Birthday to Dave Baker!
London Shows?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor