16mm Films Stolen From Climate Controlled Storage Unit

#1 by Victor Valentine , Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:37 pm

My brother and I are currently living in Los Angeles. We recently became aware that everything we owned has been stolen from a Public Storage climate controlled unit in Worthington, Ohio. A 45 year collection of music, 16mm films our father's Purple Heart awarded during his service in WW2, urns containing the ashes of my two dogs, A tube of film posters and a lot of other items too numerous to mention here. A television station in Columbus, Ohio was kind enough to do a story about the theft that aired last Friday. I have never felt more violated and wronged in my entire life. It is bothering us both tremendously...

I'm seeking information about the 16mm prints that were stolen. All the features were in fiber cases, original prints on Kodak stock, many were quite rare and valuable. A number of other films in metal cans were also stolen...

Bride Of Frankenstein
Alfred Hitchcock's, Psycho
King Kong
One Million B.C.
The Bat
East Of Sumatra
Foxfire
Backlash
The Boy From Oklahoma
The Deep Six
Enchanted Island
Three For Bedroom C
Rocketship XM
Guadalcanal Diary
Carl Forman's, The Victors
Steelyard Blues
Bon Voyage
Emil And The Detectives
Flame Of The Islands

I will list others later.

This has been the most horrible thing for my brother Jerry and I to cope with. There is an active, ongoing Columbus police investigation. Any information greatly appreciated...

As a new forum member I am unable to supply the link to the news story that aired on WSYX 6 last Friday. If you send me an email I'll send you the link, victoravalentine@yahoo.com

Victor Valentine
Date registered 03.19.2022

Last edited 03.20.2022 | Top

RE: 16mm Films Stolen From Climate Controlled Storage Unit

#2 by Mark Mander , Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:27 pm

That's terrible Victor, I hope you get all the possessions back, the Purple heart alone must be awful to find missing, the films might pop up somewhere for sale, the news item will hopefully be viewed by many and will help the return, Mark

Victor Valentine sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#3 by Victor Valentine , Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:49 pm

Thanks Mark! It's the most rotten thing. We had at least 7000 LPs, 4000 CDs, every piece of music my brother and I have collected since 1976. Some really rare and valuable music that meant the world to us. Film soundtracks, jazz recordings, promos, test pressings, production music, management agency composer promos, a few signed LPs.Thousands and thousands of dollars invested a few dollars at a time over the course of 45 years. It is bothering us both tremendously. I'm waking suddenly in the middle of the night thinking about it and having bad dreams...

It was everything we lived for and looked forward to...

Victor Valentine

Last edited 03.20.2022 | Top

#4 by Dave Baker , Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:52 pm

Victor , email sent .
Dave Baker

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

#5 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:57 pm

Sorry to hear of this ~Victor, i agree with Mark, the Purple heart cannot be replaced and must mean so much to you and your Brother.
I guess i can only state the obvious and keep an eye on ebay and forums to see if anything comes up for an attempted sale.
I hope the Police can help find the criminals behind it.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#6 by Dave Baker , Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:07 pm

Victor I saw the report from Channel 6 in Columbus , Ohio .
I am very saddened to see what happened ; I totally understand how you and your brother feel .
It said this happened last year . Since then , I have seen some of the mentioned 16mm film titles sold on eBay , from film collectors in Ohio , Pa. and New England states .
I do hope somehow everything gets tracked down and returned to you .
Especially your father's Purple Heart .

Please feel free to communicate with me or any other collectors on this site , even if you need someone to talk to .

Kind regards ,
Dave

Dave Baker
Date registered 12.25.2021
ThankYou 24

#7 by Victor Valentine , Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:13 am

There's some movement in the criminal investigation into this theft. I won't be specific, afterall, it is an ongoing criminal investigation. I will say this, the losers left a trail a dimwit could follow. There will be some very serious criminal charges and a lifetime of regret for those responsible. My brother and I won't be cheated out of that...

Victor Valentine

#8 by Victor Valentine , Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:33 am

There's also a seller on ebay who has sold quite a few of the stolen prints and currently has my brother's print of Rocketship XM for sale. That person has been informed they are selling stolen merchandise and there is an active criminal investigation underway. It's also been reported to the police. As well we have also located others who has been selling our property online. Every piece of evidence I find online is handed over to the police investigating the theft...

Victor Valentine

Last edited 03.23.2022 | Top

#9 by Tom Photiou , Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:10 am

With that in mind Victor, the Police should hopefully be ably to get onto it very quickly, all that sellers details will be available with relative ease.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#10 by Mark Mander , Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:45 pm

That's some very positive news Victor, good luck with the investigation and hope the criminals get justice for what they have done, also with Ebay sellers being notified and hopefully old sales can be traced you might get some joy there too,Mark

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#11 by Victor Valentine , Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:12 am

We're in communication with the detectives investigating the theft. They're making good progress with finding out exactly what happened and how. They're being vague and aren't saying a hell of a lot. Can't share what's going on as far as the investigation goes but the more I hear, the more obvious it becomes how despicable and cowardly the lying creeps involved are. They will be marked for life, felony charges, prison time, a lifetime of regret. I have no doubt they're very concerned about what they're up against. I've never had to deal with anything like this before. I don't appreciate my life being so irreversibly thrown off course by the cowardly actions of classless losers who deserve to have the bones of their thieving hands broken into splinters...

Tom Photiou likes this

Victor Valentine

Last edited 04.02.2022 | Top

Long Play Units
ANNIE 1982

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor