RE: Ebay seems to gripe collectors

#26 by Mark Mander , Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:32 am

I think it's more practice what you preach Bill, I've not got it in for him either but the comments are comical, Mark.

Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

Last edited 11.10.2021 | Top

#27 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:12 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Thats correct Mark,
Let me just take a step back here, the whole point im making is simply this,
the thread was in relation to are newbies to blame for outrageous ebay prices?

Clearly, ebay seems to get some people uptight, i use to get uptight about it but now i realise it is simply the nature of ebay.
Its ridiculous to even suggest newbies are to blame although that was only a question, the answer is obviously no.
Regarding the seller i mentioned, and i only mentioned this seller as he also replied on the same thread with the subject. Unfortunatly, the reply he put up in my view, made a mockery of it, in case it was missed it read
"I still believe right or wrong some of the rampant fleabay main stream traders who command top end pricing will be concerned our UK film conventions are up and running again thankfully. The best purchases for us are always made face to face. You can chat about the film, talk about condition and reach a mutual purchase ideal for us on used items. Conventions have thankfully retained the old normal not the new type".

Thats from a seller who could have waited a couple more weeks to take JP to Blackpool where i am sure a collector would have loved to have bought it, but LIKE , LIKE WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE, it sold on ebay probably for a lot more than it would at BP. He is also an ebay seller and lists films for a high start price on a number of occasion's and i say, good luck to the seller but watch what you put up about ebay sellers and prices if you list yourself. Surly if your against the prices on ebay you buy buy or sell? Would you?

As Mark said, regarding ebay, practice what you preach, i am not having a personal dig or saying anything bad about the guy, he has been a major contributor to the hobby, but in this case, (as with many) the hypocrisy is laughable.

The following members like this: Mark Mander and Paul Browning

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#28 by Mark Mander , Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:12 am

Fair points Tom, you can't argue with that, Mark

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Mark Mander  
Mark Mander
Date registered 01.27.2021
ThankYou 157

#29 by Paul Browning , Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:10 am

POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK SPRINGS TO MIND ................

Tom Photiou likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

something to get your teeth into
Halloween Film Show 2021

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor