Recent film publications...

#1 by Greg Perry , Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Some of the recent real film publications and featured articles.....

Reel Deals - Published by Mike Trickett in Australia. The March 2021 issue contains articles on
the Wilart 35mm camera, a unique 11.5 mm film, many ads for films from other collectors, Past issues can be read for free here: http://www.reeldeals.com.au/articles/articles.htm

The Reel Image - Published by Steve Osborne. The most recent issue has a review of the 1943 Batman serial starring Lewis Wilson, A Quick Set Outdoor Theater, Screen Masking Ideas, and the science behind the dreaded "Vinegar Syndrome"

Film Collector - Published by Phil and Denise Sheard. Current issue has articles on Cliff Richard and his film "Summer Holiday", a multi-page catalog of the Thunderbird trailer reels, a nice article about "Newsreels, and an in-depth look at "The Wizard of Oz".

Super 8 magazine - Published by Jurgen Lossau. This is a bi-lingual magazine with the same articles published in both German language and English within the same printed copy. Issue #3 is now out, but these articles were found in Issue #2: The World's Smallest Super 8 camera, a new film "The Queen of the Lizards", Elmo Titler super 8 cameras, a new film processing lab in Spain and more.

--All of these are well worth a look, and it is always a treat to see one of these magazines in the mail box amidst the usual bills etc...

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Gwyn Morgan and Martin Dew

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 357

RE: Recent film publications...

#2 by Tom Photiou , Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 pm

They all look pretty good Greg, its been a while since i had one of Steve's, i must renew my subs for the reel image. I use to really like the earlier editions of the Derann magazine, i did manage to find a few on ebay for a cheap price. Always good to look back on these.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 545

#3 by Greg Perry , Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Tom,

I have also picked up some of the old Film for the Collector (FFTC) magazines off ebay. They are really interesting to read...

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
ThankYou 357

#4 by Don Cunningham , Thu May 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Quote: Greg Perry wrote in post #1
Some of the recent real film publications and featured articles.....

Reel Deals - Published by Mike Trickett in Australia. The March 2021 issue contains articles on
the Wilart 35mm camera, a unique 11.5 mm film, many ads for films from other collectors, Past issues can be read for free here: http://www.reeldeals.com.au/articles/articles.htm

The Reel Image - Published by Steve Osborne. The most recent issue has a review of the 1943 Batman serial starring Lewis Wilson, A Quick Set Outdoor Theater, Screen Masking Ideas, and the science behind the dreaded "Vinegar Syndrome"

Film Collector - Published by Phil and Denise Sheard. Current issue has articles on Cliff Richard and his film "Summer Holiday", a multi-page catalog of the Thunderbird trailer reels, a nice article about "Newsreels, and an in-depth look at "The Wizard of Oz".

Super 8 magazine - Published by Jurgen Lossau. This is a bi-lingual magazine with the same articles published in both German language and English within the same printed copy. Issue #3 is now out, but these articles were found in Issue #2: The World's Smallest Super 8 camera, a new film "The Queen of the Lizards", Elmo Titler super 8 cameras, a new film processing lab in Spain and more.

--All of these are well worth a look, and it is always a treat to see one of these magazines in the mail box amidst the usual bills etc...

My private showing of Dragonwyck is part of an article in that Reel Image issue. Some components from the shop were utilized in the event.

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

#5 by Greg Perry , Thu May 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Hi Don,

Was this from the article about the Palace Theater in Seguin, Texas? It is cool to see 16mm being added to a theater running 35mm film. It must have been a lot of fun to privately screen your print there! Feel free to share any photos you may have taken of this event. 👍

Don Cunningham likes this

Greg Perry
ThankYou 357

#6 by Don Cunningham , Fri May 21, 2021 8:17 pm

Quote: Greg Perry wrote in post #5
Hi Don,

Was this from the article about the Palace Theater in Seguin, Texas? It is cool to see 16mm being added to a theater running 35mm film. It must have been a lot of fun to privately screen your print there! Feel free to share any photos you may have taken of this event. 👍

Greg,

Yes, the article about the Palace Theater. In fact, where I am working right now, it is 2 blocks away. The theater has had 16mm capabilities on one screen, but it had not been utilized in some time. I'll have to ensure they run it more :)

Greg Perry likes this

Don Cunningham
Date registered 02.13.2018
home: Texas
ThankYou 33

Derann Catalog: Can anyone confirm what date this is from?
BLACKPOOL FILM FAIR 2021.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor