Kodascope E

#1 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:50 pm

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this because it is 16mm but a bit older than we are used to.
Anyway have been having a clear out and found this nice machine lurking in the back of my store so I thought I would give it a go see if it still works.Complete rewire of power cable and a clean and oil and with a turn of the motor of it went.Made a lot of noise and eventually quietened down.
This is a kodascopeE from around 1937,constructed of the projector on top of the transformer base.It has a300 watt lamp and a1/2 in.f.2,0 lens.The sprocket teeth are on the inside and of course I had to find a double perforated film to run on it.In this case it was an old film about a traction engine rally.Have to be carefull as the tiny douser was quite flimsy and I did burn a couple of frames as the lamp is so strong.It smells as well if you don’t keep the motor running top cool it.
Something a bit different,I apologise for the photos but they were taken with the machine on my work bench and makeshift screen as I did not want to take it in the house.
Comes in a nice wooden box with its original splicer and bottle of dried up glue ....still it is old.
The pics are of a traction engine and fairground ride,there was a couple of feet of colour on the start but the machine was too quick for me to photo.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Robert Crewdson

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

RE: Kodascope E

#2 by Greg Perry , Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Gwyn,

Great to see this 80+ year old projector back in action! Really amazing when you stop and think about it....thanks for the pics...

The following members like this: Gwyn Morgan and Robert Crewdson
Gwyn Morgan sais Thank You!

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

RE: Kodascope E

#3 by Gwyn Morgan , Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:08 pm

Greg,
Thanks I like to try and keep the few old machines I have going it’s getting harder as parts are a problem. I just think it’s fun to keep them going but it also takes so much time but it’s worth it in the end.
Just noticed the film must have been running back to front as words wrong way round .I was concentrating so much on the machine and getting a photo it’s taken till now to notice what Was in the pictures I took 😁😁

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Robert Crewdson

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 273

FLASH GORDON (Buster Crabbe) SERIES
The 9.5mm Vintage Film Encyclopaedia

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor