Murderers Row, 400ft Colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:31 pm

A couple of days ago i ran a few shorts,
I have already reviewed "The Silencers", you can refer to it here, (The Silencers. 400ft Colour Sound.)

Murderers Row is the sequel to the Silencers and stars Dean Martin along with Karl Malden and Ann-Margret.
Another fellow collector contacted me after a few months after reading my review of the Silencers on the other channel to let me know he had this one for sale, it was a very kind and generous thing of him to do suffice to say i snapped it up so as to have the pair. The collector in question has also made a decent box for me as well. I was very pleased to receive it.

The print is in very good good shape with no splices and only a couple of very minor lines which dont last very long at all. Like all of the Columbia 400 footers, the sound is very good, while the image is also good it isn't quite as pin sharp as The Silencers, but still very good indeed. Colour has shifted slightly but the blues greens and yellows are all very much still in there.
A great fun movie which makes for a good double bill showing with its predecessor.

Murderers' Row is a 1966 American comedy spy-fi film starring Dean Martin as Matt Helm. It is the second of four films in the Matt Helm series, and is very loosely based upon the spy novel Murderers' Row by Donald Hamilton, which was published in 1962. Ann-Margret and Karl Malden co-star in this sequel to The Silencers.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Movietone News The Academy Awards 200ft Colour
Mutiny on the Bounty 3x400 ft MGM

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor