Around the Beatles. 1 x 800ft B/W Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Tonight we viewed this one for the last time before we finally let it go in order to help pay for other purchases.
know there are various versions of this film around. This one appears to be the whole show with the Shakespeare take off at the start edited out. This version, originally on 2 x 400ft spools starts as per the first image in the studio.
There are some really good items on this reel including a very early appearance, (three numbers included) of the late Cilla Black as well as P J Proby's first British TV appearance.
The image is very good, there are some very light lines on this one but i think some of them are within the sourced material. The sound is good if lacking in bass but as we put it though an external amp it's actually quite good. As it is from 1964 it's not going to be Dolby. I reckon anyone who has the DVD, (and i do) with the right equipment could make a hell of a soundtrack on it. I wanted to do a brief review on here before we let it go but with recent purchases, something has to sacrifice. As it happens, we do have the 200ft Derann release of The Beatles live which is an extract from this very film so we will still have a great souvenir.

Douglas Warren likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

An officer & a Gentleman Trailer Scope
Assault on Precinct 13.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor