This makes me feel a lot better 007 sale

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Now this did make me smile when i saw this on ebay,

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-feature-...63514%7Ciid%3A1

Those of you who saw my review of my 4:1 16mm print of this same title will recall how that green line at the start annoyed me, but overall, the price i paid for a Bond film of this title was actually, probably about right,

Here we have a guy selling one with a ridiculous start price, what makes this listing absurd is the fact it states there is green lines on and off BUT, also, the last 10 minutes is missing. .
If the the missing section was all that was wrong it could be put right, but lines described could be anywhere, the description of the scratches for this price, surly needs to be a bit more accurate. Is it on all three reels, is it all the way through, how long are they on screen for.
It's made me feel even better about my own now.

Looking at the other listings the seller has, clearly, (in my opinion), he is out of touch. The way to get a higher price is start at a realistic price, no matter the title, i would start at £99. This way, as a seller, you are showing that your being fair to all, and that it is up to the buyer what they wish to pay. Who the hell puts a value of a grand on any movie?? When that becomes the norm, its time time to sell up and move onto digital.

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Martin Dew likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 12.01.2019 | Top

RE: This makes me feel a lot better 007 sale

#2 by Greg Perry , Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Tom,
When I see these super high start prices, I get the feeling the seller really isn't looking to sell it, unless they can get an excessive fortune for it. In other words, they're happy to keep it unless some fool comes along that will overpay...

Another ebay thing that rubs me the wrong way: the many films which go unsold and are relisted again and again and again--always at the same price. If you don't get any takers at one starting price, wouldn't you eventually reduce the price and see if that gets you a bidder?

Tom Photiou likes this

Greg Perry
Date registered 07.07.2017
home: Minnesota USA
ThankYou 358

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:31 pm

The thing is Greg, ebay needs to step in on this, there should be a max start price if they are going to keep offering free listings or max £1 selling fees. The idiots dont have to pay out anything so they just keep relisting. They must be a bit mental if they cant work out after months and months that relisting it isn't going to work.

Greg Perry likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

#4 by Erik Schoolcraft , Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:45 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This is exactly why why I stopped using Ebay and relied on independent sellers. I have had so much luck dealing one-on-one with people that I'll never go back to Ebay. I have met wonderful people who are actually honest about this hobby dealing personally with them. I even had a gent bring his wife with him to pick up a rebuilt 16mm projector and I took them both out to lunch this past summer and paid the bill just so we could talk. I don't like Ebay since they did me wrong several times with sellers that don't know what they are selling but backed the sellers rather than they buyers. I've had much more fun actually meeting the people I'm doing business with or talking and trading on a personal level.

Tom Photiou likes this
Erik Schoolcraft  
Erik Schoolcraft
Date registered 08.16.2018
ThankYou 18

Very difficult to say what you want on 16
New insert for Waterloo in scope

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor