Battlestar Galactica 1978, U8 1 x 600ft colour sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Originally on 2 x 400ft reels we have joined this one up, (like all of the U8 double albums) onto a full 600ft reel.
I myself am not much of a fan of these late 70s early 80s sci fi movies. All very corny stuff, wooden acting awful scripts, (in some places) so i put this one on along with Mission Galactica, (next review in line), for my Brother. This print does have colour fade, however, there a still lots of greens blues and yellows in there. The good thing about this particular one is that a large chunk of it is literally red all over as the ship in in constant red alert and the lighting goes to red which i guess hides some of the fade.
The print itself is in pristine condition with no lines at all anywhere and the sound is excellent. The only splice is where parts one and two are joined so all in all, this print is actually pretty good.
It works very well a 30 minute edit as i for one, could not sit through the entire feature film, as for the TV series, forget it. (But thats me).
Now look at my next review on the sequel and see the colours on that one!!

After the destruction of the Twelve Colonies of Mankind, the last major fighter carrier leads a makeshift fugitive fleet in a desperate search for the legendary planet Earth.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Battlestar Galactica 1978, U8 1 x 600ft colour sound

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm

Love these Galactica films

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Tom Photiou

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348