The Fox's Widow

#1 by Eivind Mork , Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:54 am

Super 8, 400' color and sound.

This is a stop motion animoation from Ivo Caprino of Norway that did many Norwegian fairy tales as stop motion. This film is about a widow that gets three men interested in her. They all pass an old lady that has stuck her nose in a stump for a 100 years. The wolf and the bear just laugh and let her be. The last is a fox that helps her, and in return she does some magic so he gets a shiny perfect fur before he goes to the widow. Off course he is the one ending up as her new husband.

I have a copy of this from before, but this showed up at the local film club on Friday. We took a look at the first few feet, and it looked quite red. We had all forgotten that it is veryred in the first scene, and it turned out to be pretty well. I bought it as it had a near perfect box, something that is not too usual as it is made of fragile plastic. Now I wonder if it is better than my other copy. That one is at the cabin, and I will check the next time.

As a Norwegian collector, this is a must have :-) It comes with Norwegian sound.

Iman Yahya likes this

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Last edited 10.29.2018 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Donald Duck - Bell Boy Donald (1942)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor