When Worlds Collide 3 x 400 version. (on 1 x 800ft spool)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:03 pm

A couple of years ago i sold off my 400ft version of this movie in favour of this longer cut from marketting.
The editing on both the 400 footer and this 3 x 400ft edition are actually quite good for once although sadly, as you all know, the German company did away with any sign of the original titles in favour of these cheap crappy letraset style titles. Other than that everything else has been done quite well on this classic sci fi from 1951. Image is quite sharp, the sound is excellent and the actual condition of this print is very good indeed with hardly a mark on it anywhere. I do have the original boxes but decided to splice it together on a nice bonus 800ft spool for uninterrupted viewings. The colour has held up quite well on this one with the early signs of fade now showing. (As it happens, the 400ft version had perfect colours).
This movie is too well know to run a plot for you so here a few images taken tonight, unfortunately, they appear to make the colours less prominent, the projected image is far better.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Mats Abelli

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: When Worlds Collide 3 x 400 version. (on 1 x 800ft spool)

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:19 pm

Have this one too. Like you say pity Marketing Films used those cheap looking titles. Have the feature in 16mm too. Must be one of those rare films that was made in the correct order too. That matte painting at the end, YUK!

I still love the smell of film in the morning

Tom Photiou likes this

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: When Worlds Collide 3 x 400 version. (on 1 x 800ft spool)

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks David, that is spooky that you mention that matt painting. I have literally just added this little bit of trivia on the other channel where i also added my review,

In the final shot we see the Ark passengers disembarking with an obvious painted background depicting Zyra. This bad painting was tacked on for the film's sneak previews. Originally, producer George Pal wanted to depict Zyra as a miniature set, but Paramount shipped the film out before this could be done.

Looking for, Joe Kidd / The Outlaw Josey Wales on 16mm. Good prints only.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

What...Indians? (1966)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor