Laurel & Hardy, Helpmates,400ft B/W Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Tonight was another helping of Laurel and Hardy, This is one of my favourites, the timing and slapstick is brilliant as always,
I am not too sure who this particular print is from but it is pin sharp and very very clean with excellent sound. There is no Walton or Derann logos on this one. It came in a plane white box which i have re labels with a photo still as the front cover. There is only the lightest of a single line which appears occasionally to the far right so it is of no bother.
Ollie's house is a mess after a wild party from the previous night. Ollie receives a telegram from his wife (who is on vacation), which tells him that she is returning home in the afternoon. Fearing his wife's wrath, he calls Stan over to help him clean up. Things go downhill and they make a whole lot more mess.
Ollie becomes frustrated and lights the oven, turning on the gas first instead of lighting the oven. The result is an explosion that trashes the living room and kitchen, as well as Ollie's hat.
Ollie's suits get stained with soot, soaked with dirty water, and covered in flour, until he has no choice but to go meet his wife at the station in his lodge uniform (a comic version of an Odd Fellows Lodge uniform). Stan miraculously manages to restore the house's interior to its proper look and decides to light a fire in the fireplace for Ollie and his wife to come home to. When the logs fail to ignite he soaks the fireplace with kerosene, lights a match, and moves it towards the logs. Ollie returns from the train station with a black eye and without his wife. The house is a smouldering ruin, Stan has burnt it down. Stan leaves Ollie seated on the only remaining chair looking bemused, and then to cap it all, a huge rain storm pours down on him.

Die Hard / Silence of the Lambs. 8 or 16 anyone?

The following members like this: Greg Perry and Gwyn Morgan

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Laurel & Hardy Below Zero, 400ft b/w sound
Laurel and Hardy. The Music box 600ft Edition.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor