Once upon a time in the West Marketing release 800ft

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:46 pm

This is a film that need no introduction. Classic Sergio Leone at his very best, and a classic score thats instantly recognised by the Maestro Ennio Morricone.
One of the first batch of releases from Marketing this is a very good release on our gauge but while it's fine i have to say Marketing manage to bollocks it up as always. The 200ft edition of this film could easily have been the opening section where the family is murdered by the outlaws and for those who bought this could have added it onto the start but unfortunately this edition opens up straight to the funeral. However, it is a good edition and while ours is virtually unmarked there is some fade. Fortunately, much of this film is in nice bright outdoor settings so the fade isn't so bad. over all ours is in much better shape than many others i have seen for sale with many of them looking awful and red. A full length version would be a great find in scope on either 8 or 16 but it's a long feature so reputability would be limited. Any one looking to add only one or two westerns would have to include this title.
We bought this one brand new upon its release, we also sent off some months later for the paramount logo that was offered free by marketing due the amount of complaints about the piss poor way they decided to omit any end title of any kind. Who the hell made that decision? What a moron

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Attached pictures:
IMG_6574.JPG  

Don Cunningham likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Once upon a time in the West Marketing release 800ft

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Very cool, would love either the 3x400’ or most preferred the feature (still can be had from Steve Osborne I think?)

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Marketing prints in general, are some of the very worse examples of editing I have ever come across.

Many, if you hadn't already viewed the full film, would make no sense at all to the viewer. They really were that poor and that choppy.
End credits were always only to an absolute minimum length.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#4 by Tom Photiou , Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Andy, i have noticed a few comments popping up twice and very slow on here to load and refresh, possible problem me thinks?

Looking for Abba the movie Scope trailer

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

On The Waterfront. 400ft B/W sound
Once Upon a time in the west SCOPE/TRAILER

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor