Elvis The Movie. Derann 400ft Colour Sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 pm

This reel was released along side Phantasm, both films were from GTO films but unfortunately both appeared to be released on crappy fast fade poop stock.
A big pity as both of these reels were good releases, i sold off phantasm some ago but i have kept onto this one for a couple of reasons,
First, the music track is very good, and secondly, i picked it up so cheap, like a fiver due to the poxy line that couldn't be any more obvious if it tried!!
As for the content, Derann did a pretty good job of this John Carpenter film, a movie he wanted to make as he was a huge Elvis fan himself and Kurt Russel does a pretty good job taking on the title role and his real life wife at the time Season Hub playing Priscilla Presley and also his real life Father, Bing Russel playing Vernon Presley with the singing being dubbed by Ronnie McDowell who does actually sound like Elvis.
The film was made for ABC television and lasted for 150 minutes, what Derann did here was to simply start with a few snippets of a young Elvis with the second half of the reel used for the finale concert virtually left in full.
It is such a shame that this title appears to be faded on just about every print. I dont know if they printed any on low fade but i have never been able to find one,however, as you can see there is still a fair bit of life left in this particular print. A great item to begin any musical show.

Looking for Home alone trailer and Abba Scope trailer

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Elvis 68 Comeback 3 x 400ft(onto 1 x 1200ft) colour sound.
Extra Long Scope Trailers

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor