BELL & HOWELL HELP NEEDED,PLEASE

#1 by Jose Artiles , Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Can someone tell me if is posible to find or buy from someone the Bell & Howell lamp conversión kit to transform the EMM lamp of my 1698 DA to ELC?Also im looking for the cover with the speakers for my 1698 if someone can help me to obtain it please email me here on the fórum.
thanks Friends!

Jose Artiles
Date registered 08.16.2015
ThankYou 16

RE: BELL & HOWELL HELP NEEDED,PLEASE

#2 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi Jose,
I've only seen the kits for the DJL lamp replacement and the DFC/DFN lamp replacement. But that doesn't mean that one for your machine doesn't exist. But I did get (courtesy of forum member Douglas) the kit for the DJL lamp replacement and it works like a charm on my Bell and Howell 346a. I do hope that someone can give you a more definitive answer for your needs. :-)

Eivind Mork likes this
Tim Duncan

#3 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Jose, after doing a bit of research, I see that the EMM lamp is still readily available and quite affordable, in comparison to the other lamps that I mentioned before. So my guess is (and this is only a guess), that there is not enough of a market at this time to develop a conversion kit for that particular lamp. Whereas the DFN and DJL lamps are still in high demand with projector owners (and LONG out of production) and VERY costly, so someone saw a GREAT need to develop conversion kits for those.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Eivind Mork
Tim Duncan
Last edited Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:07 pm | Top

#4 by Mats Abelli , Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:48 pm

I think that you are right Tim. These lamps are not hard to find at reasonable prices. I have bought some really cheap, so I don´t see the meaning to convert.

Eivind Mork likes this

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

#5 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Mats! :-)

I was only taking a guess, but your expert opinion is confirmation of my suspicions! Thanks! ;-)

Tim Duncan

#6 by Jose Artiles , Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks to all forum members that make a reply...i think is better to keep this kind of lamp then.

Eivind Mork likes this

Jose Artiles
ThankYou 16

#7 by Tim Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:01 am

Hopefully though Jose, you will find the cover/speaker that you are seeking for the projector! :-)

Tim Duncan

#8 by Jose Artiles , Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:41 pm

Thank you Tim, i hope so!

Jose Artiles
ThankYou 16

#9 by Maurice Leakey , Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Jose

Bell & Howell never made a conversion kit to transform use of the 250 watt 24 volt EMM lamp to an ELC (A1/259) in their TQIII model.

However, they did make a kit for the TQI model which used the A1/235 lamp. The kit converted for use of the modern ELC lamp.

Jose Artiles sais Thank You!
Maurice Leakey  
Maurice Leakey
Date registered 07.08.2017
home: Bristol, United Kingdom
ThankYou 221

16mm leader
Rank Aldis

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor