Blitz on Britain 4x400 B/W Sound Walton

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Lets get these reviews back up and running again. Its all gone very quite in this bit.
This a title from Walton films many many years ago, it often pops up for sale, and this copy we have was on a list some years back and was advertised with a great price tag of £25 due to black lines.
Well, i needed a present for my Brother so i gave it a shot. It arrived in its original boxes, (all a little worn), the image is A1 considering the material some of this film must have come from, the sound is also first class, for Walton films rarely gave us any problems in these two fields.
This film pretty much covers Britain joining the War and how we got prepared for it, it also shows some superb items i never saw before and includes the fact the we invented the radar to see incoming attacks but explains it couldn't see individual aircraft or how high, but could show formations of aircraft arriving. And the movie covers all aspects of Hitlers first attacks and how this country withstood all the odds.
A great documentary and well in line with the world at war TV series. The black lines are mostly there on reels one and 2 but are very thin black lines, reduced greatly with a clean of filmguard and will give a second clean at a later date, but given the subject it really doesn't bother us, in fact it can ,(oddly) add to film. The end of each reel also has an ending title of Blitz on Britain, end of part 1 etc & each reel can stand alone hence why we will leave it on 4 reels which is very unusual for me to do.
If you only had one WW2 documentary of any kind in your collection this one should be it.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Eivind Mork and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Blitz on Britain 4x400 B/W Sound Walton

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu May 04, 2017 10:51 pm

A bargain at 25 and such lines do not bother me too much. A good film and got this myself

The following members like this: Tom Photiou and Eivind Mork

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

RE: Blitz on Britain 4x400 B/W Sound Walton

#3 by Eivind Mork , Thu May 04, 2017 11:31 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

An absolute bargain! I have this myself. Bought three of four reels of Vidar, and found the last on eBay. A great documentary!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Tom Photiou

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 405

Blind Danger.(Day of the triffids) 400ft Colour Sound
Blitz Wolf Derann Full Version

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor