My Name is Nobody. 2 x 800ft Scope colour sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 pm

No this is a great super 8 release, Unfortunatly it is one of the early scope prints so although more than acceptable falls way below our standards of print sharpness. From day one this film never had very vibrant colours, it also suffered a little bit from some minor warping in a couple of places resulting in having to re-focus now and again. It was touch & go whether we were to keep it at that time but after 30 years later & looking back i am pleased that we didn't as it very seldom came up on any lists & it have given us very happy viewings and it did tonight to.
This version is the 4 x 400 footer so is abridge, we do have this on DVD and there is a good 20/25 minutes more on the disc.
We bought this one at least 30 years ago now and i think at that time it was around £60. This print has now ,like many of the early ones, faded somewhat, however, as much of this film is shot in bright dessert like all the spaghetti westerns the fade is only really noticeable on the dark indoor scenes, in actual fact these images appear to make it look much worse than it is, all that said, this is one we have put aside until we decide what to do with it. Such a pity as this is a really great scope release, it has a very good soundtrack by the one and only Ennio Morriconnie, it has comedy and action throughout & Sergio Leone was one of the three writers of this movie, and he did also co direct it but is uncredited as a director. Terence Hill plays "Nobody" brilliantly and the scene with the gun draw/face slap is in here and is still hilarious to watch today as the first time i saw it. The ending, (of this version), when Beauregard shoots the dynamite of the on coming wild bunch fills the scope screen and is actually worth buying this film alone for. The way those horses go up with there stunt riders is one of best slow motion sequences in any western. This is what the Scope screen was made for.

Here is the plot with the help of Wiki & edited by me for this version.
I believe there were a few full scope feature released on 8 of this title to as well as a 400 footer.
Jack Beauregard, (Henry Fonda), pauses on his way to a small village to watch a bum (Terence Hill) catching fish. He then carries on to an old goldmine, only to find a dying acquaintance (Red), who has just been shot by a gang. Beauregard asks about the whereabouts of a certain Nevada, but Red only manages to disclose Nevada's village.
At a horse relay station, the bum is asked by three men to deliver a basket to someone inside who turns out to be Beauregard. The bum impresses Beauregard with his knowledge of the latter's track record, and then throws the basket outside. This contained a bomb and explodes. The bum identifies himself as ‘Nobody’. He idolises Beauregard and wants him to end his career in beauty by facing off the 150 members of the Wild Bunch single-handed. The bandits are using a fake goldmine to launder their gold train loot. The mine owner (Sullivan) thinks Beauregard is out to kill him, and so tries to get him first. The Wild Bunch, however, want Sullivan to focus on keeping his reputation clean.
At Nevada’s village, Beauregard is awaited by ‘Nobody’, who reveals that Nevada is dead. It turns out that Nevada was Beauregard's brother. Again ‘Nobody’ challenges him to face the Wild Bunch. Again Beauregard declines, and chides ‘Nobody’ for drawing attention to himself with his shining saddle decorations.
‘Nobody’ arrives at a saloon town where Sullivan tries to bribe him to kill Beauregard. Instead he helps Beauregard to do away with Sullivan's men. Then the Wild Bunch rides into town to collect sticks of dynamite, caching them in their saddles bags. Later an old resident tells Beauregard that he was bought out of a derelict gold mine by Nevada and Red, only to find the mine producing prodigious amounts of gold afterwards. Beauregard hurries off to the mine and catches Sullivan loading sacks of gold powder. Sullivan offers Beauregard Nevada's share in the mine but Beauregard tells him he couldn't care less about his brother, and just takes two sacks, as well as $500 out of Sullivan's wallet to pay for his passage to Europe. He then leaves to catch a train to New Orleans.
A train is being loaded at a station with bars of gold, under the protection of US troops, when ‘Nobody’ arrives, and steals the train. Beauregard is waiting down the line when the Wild Bunch advances over the desert. ‘Nobody’ arrives with the stolen train but refuses to rescue Beauregard until he ‘makes his name in the history books’. Remembering the mirrored conchas on the gang’s dynamite-filled saddlebags, Beauregard aims at them. One by one they explode, blowing up most of the charging gang until ‘Nobody’ allows him to escape.
This is where this version ends, the full film goes on for another 20 minutes or so but if you have seen the full version this was a very good place to end it and you wouldn't know. The only thing missing is a "The End " title as the music continuous and fades out on the tail.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

My Disney Trailers, No 1
National Lampoon's Animal House. 600ft

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor