Bugs Bunny Bully For bugs. 200ft colour sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:03 pm

This is one of my all time favourite Bugs Bunny Cartoons. The bull its so funny, the expressions on his face, the ultra violent slap stick that any cartoon lover should appreciate.
First of all here is a plot summary.

On his way to the Coachella Valley for the "big carrot festival, therein," Bugs Bunny gets lost, and wanders into a bullring in the middle of a bullfight between Toro the Bull and a very scared matador. A bug famously declares he "should have made a left toin at Albuquerque". As he asks the matador for directions, the matador escapes into the stands, leaving Bugs to fend for himself against Toro. After irritating Bugs and getting a slap for "steaming up his tail," Toro chalks up the points of his horns like a pool cue and rams the rabbit out of the bullring. As he sails into the air, a furious Bugs decides to exact revenge and says his famous line: "Of course you realise this means war".[1]
There then follows a hilarious five minutes or so of pure cartoon comedy with Bugs and Toro just waging war on each other, eventually,
Bugs taunts Toro once again by calling him, among other things, an "imbecile" (which Bugs pronounces "embezzle") and an "ultra maroon," but realises that he is cornered by the bull behind barred gates. Pretending to await certain death (by writing a will and saying his prayers), Bugs opens the gates like a garage door, sending Toro out of the bullring and into the horizon. Toro runs back to the bullring, not anticipating that Bugs has laid out a Rube Goldberg–like contraption of axle grease, a ramp, and some platforms on the bull's path. The grease and ramp send Toro airborne over some glue, a sheet of sandpaper, a protruding matchstick, and a barrel of TNT which explodes when Toro flies by. Still in the air and in shock, Toro finally crashes into a wooden bull shield.
The cartoon ends with the unconscious bull's hindquarters sticking out of the shield, and the victorious Bugs holding up the cape with the words "THE END" etched on it.

This is one of those Techno releases so its either going to be very good or very poor as far as quality is concerned. Fortunately this one is fine, pin sharp image, colours are still excellent and its also been supplied in its original hard case. (I dont think Derann ever re-released this one, maybe someone could correct me). The condition of the print itself is also very very good with no lines or splices and it retains its original leader and tail intact. If i only owned one Bugs Bunny cartoon this is the one it would be. 10 out of 10.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: David Ollerearnshaw and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Bugs Bunny Bully For bugs. 200ft colour sound

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:07 pm

Great cartoon this one. Love when the bull as swallowed the gun and everytime he bangs it bullshits fire from his horns.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Bugs Bunny Bully For bugs. 200ft colour sound

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Absolutely brilliant David, those facial expression on that bull are just so comical.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

Blue Hawai, 400ft Colour Sound. Elvis Presley
Bugsy Malone 400 foot Walton.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor