The Great Escape Scope/800ft.(2 x 400ft joined)

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:01 pm

No need to tell anyone what this classic movie is about. Straight onto my review of my own copy.
I purchased these two parts brand new not long after it was released. I am pleased that mine has held up on colours very well with only very light fade. I personally think that this is one of the finest examples of an abridged film on super 8, cut down from well over two hours and keeping all the story-line perfectly. The section of the film in part one when they start the escape is a great example of an editor using there skills perfectly, we see them escape one by one in short snippets and cuts, all the original sound replaced by the excellent and well know theme music up until the last man falls and alerts the guard. Non stop action all the way, the image is very good, the sound is excellent with plenty of bass to support the music which plays such an iconic part of this movie. Of course unlike the UA releases these two parts join together with re editing necessary. I'm not too sure how these prints are holding up generally but i would like you feedback if you have this title. Certainly a better image quality than the oppo release of Magnificent 7. (will review this one later in the coming weeks/months).
Definitely one the best 2 x 400 foot films we have seen.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Del Phillipson

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

The Good The Bad & The Ugly Trailer
The Greatest Show on Earth VOL. 2 (1952)

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor