The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. 200ft B/W sound

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:58 pm

I am not a huge fan of the beatles but there are quite a few tracks i do like.
This little reel came up for a tenner so i rang up and it was still available so i added it my collection.
Nothing more than a souvenir, the reel starts with quick introduction by Ed Sullivan and then we see the Beatles perform three numbers including, Twist & shout, Please please me, i believe this was from 1964, the image and sound are OK but nothing more than that, however, this is a very nostalgic reel and the quality of this release from Red Fox really feels like this reel has come from that year, the girls in the audience are shown screaming, crying & in shock, sometimes all three together. A great little starter reel for any musical evenings, (or conclusion), and the reel ends with Ed Sullivan thanking his guests and calling out to the audience, "ok lets hear it again" then quite abruptly changes to a simple "the End" title with a few guitar struts on the soundtrack. The condition of the print is very good with only a couple of very minor single lines hear and there for the first minute, some of them are almost certainly in the sourced material.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

Thijs de Kort likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

The Beatles Come to Town/SCOPE
The Beatles, Let it be 200ft derann release

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor