Elvis 68 Comeback 3 x 400ft(onto 1 x 1200ft) colour sound.

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:03 pm

When i found this on a Derann list for £30 i made a phone call to order, i had to ask the question about it's quality due to the amount of reports, (especially on the Aloha from Hawai release), about these Elvis films being generally poor in both sound and image. Ged took my call and said "actually, this particular one is the best i have seen". Well, this was one guy i know i could trust and when i received it i was well happy. Just a few marks to the mid right on part one ,(nothing to bother me about), and almost mark free on parts 2 & 3.
Sound is excellent given that this ,(i believe), was not an official release, image is very good and even today colour is very very good with no fade, With Elvis's jet black leather suit and hair this is one film where the early signs would show but the blacks are black, the whites are white and all the blues yellows and greens are all there. This film came to us on 3 x 400 spools and after the first check and clean up we quickly mounted it onto a single 1200 foot spools with a running time of around 50/55 minutes.
This is actually a very well edited version of this classic TV special show, we have the first intro song, (Trouble/Guitar man), with front title and all the end credits in full, this version covers the very best of the live segments which includes, Trouble"/"Guitar Man – Show Opener followed by,
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Baby What You Want Me to Do
Something wrong with my lip. / He's gotta be crazy.
Heartbreak Hotel / Hound Dog / All Shook Up
Can't Help Falling in Love"
Jailhouse Rock
Can I borrow your little whatchacallit? / This leather suit is hot
Love Me Tender
Are You Lonesome Tonight?
Rock & roll music is ..
the Gospel production numbers in full,
then a sit down jamming sessions which on this super 8 version contains Elvis doing the only Christmas song that Steve Binder agreed to allow.
(Extra info, Two versions of the special were initially aired by NBC. The first included Presley singing "Blue Christmas" – the only seasonal song Binder agreed to use. When the special was rebroadcast the following summer, this was replaced with a performance of "Tiger Man").
All this is followed by,
Baby, What You Want Me to Do
Blue Christmas
One Night
Memories, (one of the best live version I have seen him do),
Guitar Man Production Number:
Nothingville" / "Guitar Man" / "Let Yourself Go" / "Guitar Man" / "Big Boss Man" / "It Hurts Me" / "Guitar Man" / "Little Egypt" / "Trouble" / "Guitar Man"
If I Can Dream - show closer and a absolutly great performance, this is one song that Elvis Presley originally did not want to do as he always said he would not be interested in any religious or political songs but he closes with this number and with the volume up high it really is one of his best.
All in all this is one film i took a chance on and am very pleased i did. It has stood the test of time so i assume it must be on very good stock.
Unfortunatly this was a hard film to photograph as i was more interested in watching and listening to it rather than do pictures, and as you can guess there are very few places where the image is still enough to take any good ones, but here is the best of what i took, they really do not do it any justice.

Have i told anyone i'm after Die Hard?

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Vidar Olavesen

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

RE: Elvis 68 Comeback 3 x 400ft(onto 1 x 1200ft) colour sound.

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:00 am

Very nice Tom. I like also the artwork you've included on the box.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

Eastwood in Action, Behind the scenes The Outlaw Josey Wales
Elvis The Movie. Derann 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor