Young Frankenstein, 400ft b/w sound Piccolo film

#1 by Tom Photiou , Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:17 pm

This is a great little 400 footer from Piccolo films. The feature for me would be much prefered but as that is so rare and very pricey when it does come up this very well edited 400 footer fills the space perfectly.
This abridged version starts with edited original credits, (all be it in German), and neatly fading into the scene as the hanged body is swaying in the cemetery, as the camera zooms out we see Dr. Frederick Frankenstein (Gene Wilder) and Igor (Marty Feldman) looking into the cemetery through the iron gates looking for a dead man to create a new being, once the grave diggers leave they head in and begin to dig the coffin up, as Gene Wilder looks up and says “what a filthy job this is”, to which Igor says “it could be worse”, “how” asks Frankenstein, “it could be raining” cue lightning bolt and heavy rain.
The rest of the digest story flows very well and shows a lot of the classic scenes. Obviously as this is only a 400 ft edition there is so much more comedy missing but I am more than greatful for this version.
The scene with Harold the Blind man (Gene Hackman behind the excellent makeup) is uncut and worth this 400 footer on it’s own, the monster is played so well by the late Peter Boyle, working to and concluding with its original end titles and music brilliantly scored by John Morris, (the elephant man among others) this cut down has very good picture quality and sound.

I acquired this film some years ago by another forum member complete with the English soundtrack edited to this version on a CD.
I put out a call of help and John Clancy, (who had just moved down the road into Cornwall), very kindly re-recorded the sound into English on his GS1200, it was a great evening and the Gent even had me there for a pizza and salad Tea with his lovely wife.
The sound quality is absolutely top notch. This is another classic Mel Brooks comedy and very repeatable on the super 8 gauge.

The following members like this: Eivind Mork, Mats Abelli, Vidar Olavesen, Greg Perry and Paul Browning

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Yogi Bear in Space bear. Colour sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor