Sweet Charity/Bob Fosse Behind the scenes WOW

#1 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 26, 2016 10:18 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Now this is one i didn't know was on super 8.
I thought it was simply a long promo/trailer with a few bits of Bob Fosse, but what this turned out to be is the very best Behind the scenes documentary short i have seen of this gauge. It is mounted on a 400ft spool and is in colour sound with no fade at all and not a mark on it. The actual film is approx 280/300ft in length and it is basically Bob Fosse on camera talking about his worry of Directing his first ever film as well as choreographing.
You see him as always smoking his way through and working/organising his stars. We see in being interviewed and talking frank about what he wanted, how he wanted it to look, he compares the play with the film version and how he was very pleased to have some of New York's finest locations to work on, Central Park, Madison square and the Yankee stadium. He also talks about the films stars Shirley McClain and his favourite,Sammy Davis Junior. The film really packs so much in this short reel and leaves you wanting to know more. Unfortunately, this is the film that almost sank universal as it cost twenty million to make but only returned eight million so it wasn't too well received. I wonder how many more fags he smoked after it's release!
Not too sure who released this one but boy am i glad i won this gem on ebay.
These images are poor due to the fast moving action throughout, it is absolutely pin Sharpe, no lines at all, no splices, no fade,(although looking at these pics you may not be convinced,) the colours are rich with real black blacks and bright reds yellows and blues. Very well recommended if you should come across this short.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Superman 2 / 2 x 600ft Scope LPP
Take the Money and Run ABC Films 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor