Wanted: Sound file

#1 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Is anyone capable of recording the sound from some digests and send me an MP3?

Looking for Frankestein (mine is German dubbed)
Mountain of the Cannibal God (3x400' also German dub)
Goofy's Glider 200'
Yongary 200' (someone rented this and thought it fun to record their own voices ... Assholes)

Would love English versions of these

Thanks

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

Last edited 05.09.2016 | Top

RE: Wanted: Sound file

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 09, 2016 10:48 pm

Which Frankenstein are you looking for Vidar, the original Karloff U8 400' or the "Young Frankenstein" UFA 400', I have both, but the latter is still in German language.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Original Frankenstein, Hugh. Would love to put Gernan track 2 and English track 1

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 pm

I can send it through Vidar if you want to transfer the soundtrack.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 09, 2016 11:32 pm

That is super, thanks Hugh

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 09, 2016 11:37 pm

No probs my little pal, I'll get it sent through to you.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Paul Browning , Tue May 10, 2016 12:19 am

Hugh, I have the English sound track to young franky if you want it, let me know me know mukka. Vidar sorry I can't help you with any of those titles other than the ua franky which
Hugh has offered to help. Be good to get some sound tracks together and swop them around if needed.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2016 2:29 pm

That is very kind of you Paul, and much appreciated. I don't bother now re recording tracks as I don't have the time anymore to
work my way through these films or one of the sync boxes, so the means and inclination are not there, but thanks again.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Now here's a thing, being a northern lad, I speak as I find, Andrew, Vidar needed a transfer, this
super machine of yours could have done it, why didn't you offer it to him, twenty minutes with a Bauer
surely could have solved it. The man is poor health, but I'll speak for him. There are some folk that
would not want to meet me, I am pissed off, I'll say no more.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 14, 2016 11:25 pm

Don't be, Hugh, my friend. I am happy to try with your kind offer. I will pay you for your help. Maybe Andrew didn't have the titles or no time. It is all good, just think I enjoy the films more with the English sound, but no worries

Still wanting sound files of the rest, if anyone has them.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Hugh, Vidar, I will of course help anyone here in any way I can. Of course especially Vidar here who provides us all with this great forum here.

I don't have the films that Vidar mentions above, if I had Glider, that'd be easy to do, no problems there. To do digests is a lot of hard work it has to be said, I don't even do any I've got, but as said, if I can ever help anyone out here, I will always endeavour to do my level best of course.

I have offered to record features for people before on several occasions, here and on over on film tech, but nobody ever wanted to pursue the offer even though they initially requested help to find someone willing to do just this.

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 14, 2016 11:35 pm | Top

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:38 pm

Vidar, my little pal, anything I do on here for my 'oppos , require no payment to me, ever, we're 'oppos, mates',
I would hope that we all have a friendship here. I

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:40 pm

I completely agree Hugh. And thanks equally for all your help for me both recently, and in the past.

I am of course, most grateful.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#14 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 pm

I know it is much work, unless you had the same digest. What concerns me most is how to start it correctly. I will try to grab Goofy's Glider from YouTube and see if it syncs correctly.

I know you would help, Andrew, no doubt in my mind. I will, when I have some more power to try at least those that has defective sound anyway.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#15 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:45 pm

As said Vidar, post me a title I can get on DVD etc, I can then record it for you, or anyone else come to that here.

That is where features have the greater advantage as they are easily found digitally.
Then so long as they are something like frame perfect to the film...no problem at all

Even stuff like Mickeys Christmas Carol isn't a bother as it has been released on DVD alongside other Disney mini features I've found.

If you are still not at your best Vidar, here's wishing you a back to full health just as quick as is possible my friend!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 14, 2016 11:49 pm | Top

#16 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 14, 2016 11:51 pm

I don't want to create that much work. Was thinking run digest, record sound with PC and send file on email. Not use hours to edit a sound file

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

Last edited 05.14.2016 | Top

#17 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 14, 2016 11:54 pm

Not sure what that would do here Vidar? Surely then all I'd have is a soundtrack of the digest but in a different language?

Then what would you want me to do with this soundtrack?

Basically, it would always mean you would have to send the actual film, then if I can marry up the foreign language with the English version, then maybe. But it's where I could obtain the English equivalent?

I've found in the past, that taking the original track from a film and recording it digitally, doesn't produce a very good track.

I had two snow white trailers but one had a section of the soundtrack erased when I got it.
I tried using the good one to give me an identical track for the bad one, but once I had recorded it digitally, then transferred it back onto the film with a fault, it sounded much worse than the good one.

You really do need to obtain high quality noise less source material to stand any chance of producing decent results doing any of this here.

Well to produce improved results than the original you do, anyhow.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 15, 2016 12:32 am | Top

#18 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 15, 2016 12:07 am

Yes, just the sound directly off an English vesion. My Frankenstein is dubbed to German. Glider has erased sound.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#19 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 15, 2016 12:11 am

Is Glider the same digitally Vidar as your film? Is there nothing missing on the film itself?

Andrew Woodcock

#20 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 am

Just record to MP3 on computer if you can. Free programs available for this. Mini jack to mini jack cable is needed, but I assume you use this already

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#21 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 15, 2016 12:12 am

Yes but I don't have this film though Vidar.
Please see my last question to you here.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun May 15, 2016 12:13 am | Top

#22 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 15, 2016 12:38 am

I will try Glider off YouTube. That is what I meant, if you don't have the digest, don't bother, it is too much work which I do not want to impose on anyone. Just if you have the digest in question.

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#23 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun May 15, 2016 11:31 am

No problem then Vidar, just let me know if there are others in the future I may be able to assist you with here. Send me the film and if I can obtain a digital replica, preferably from a DVD, I will always be able to help out here.

Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#24 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun May 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Appreciate that, Andrew. Thanks

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 344

#25 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

I recently purchased a German 400ft version of fistful of dollars, wouldn't mind finding out if anyone does have a soundtrack in English for this one, i'm still in two minds wether to keep or not though as it is a little more faded than i normally like. Another one just sold on ebay for £66, way more than i want to pay but it did look a good copy though.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 537

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A Brand New Thread.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor