RE: Wanted: Sound file

#51 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm

I shall take pleasure in sending them, "VIdar the Friggin' Viking". Serve you right if I did!!

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon May 16, 2016 10:38 pm | Top

#52 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 10:51 pm

Vidar, I have no faith in this digital stuff, even though we communicate through it, I do not trust it, just a gut feeling, it
is not good, but anyway, if these things yield good for you, I'm happy.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#53 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 16, 2016 10:58 pm

I am turning this way a little myself. Not want a smart phone, not want digital "cinema", computer generated irritations. But without internet and computer, I would not have met you or any of my other friends :-)

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

Last edited 05.16.2016 | Top

#54 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon May 16, 2016 11:12 pm

That is a very good reply Vidar, this techno is good in communication, I wonder what it is doing it insect life, bees being a worry,
pollination is the thing, folk will think me mad, but radio waves do affect our insect friends.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#55 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 pm

I believe you. Must be reasons why all the animals and insects we saw as kids are now more or less gone. Bees are not important to certain people, only money. Yesterday, I had a huge bumblebee in my room and I was happy catch it in a box. Turned out good, it flew happily away. I did not want to be part if their extinction. Not too fond of wasps and mosquitos though

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#56 by Tom Photiou , Tue May 17, 2016 1:44 pm

You know, my mum taught me about the birds and the bees so well, the only thing that excites me now its blue tits covered in honey.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and David Ollerearnshaw

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 533

#57 by Eivind Mork , Tue May 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Besides film collecting, I am also a beekeeper :-) Nothing like looking into a busy hive with 60000 bees :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 400

#58 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue May 17, 2016 5:34 pm

Bottom line is ... No Insects ... No Us !
That's a fact.

David Hardy

#59 by Tom Photiou , Tue May 17, 2016 8:44 pm

Eivind, that is really good.Well done on that,

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 533

#60 by Gwyn Morgan , Tue May 17, 2016 9:41 pm

Makes belonging to this forum worth while ,starts of as a sound file now we are onto bees never know what a thread will bring up next.Sorry I no nothing of modern sound files nor bees but I do like honey📽📽

Gwyn Morgan
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Devon
ThankYou 265

#61 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Yet another I do not have sadly here Tom.
It is one I'd like though!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed May 18, 2016 12:50 pm | Top

#62 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 9:37 pm

I am very soft hearted to the bugs, the honey bees, and big drones, if they are lethargic, I place 'em outside with a spoonful of warm water with sugar and honey in to help their energy, I know, I know, it goes against the image, but life is precious, its a big Universe lads,
and wouldn't it be a shocker if there was no one else out there, just us.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan
Vidar Olavesen and Gwyn Morgan say Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#63 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed May 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Also, well done Elvind on his Bee Keeping, reminds me of my 'ol Dad's crack, "What would you rather be ( bee ) or a wasp. that's a stinger!", Those bloody wasps can be literally a pain, but they don't wear those stripey Tee shirts for nothing, they mean business.
The little swine!!!

Gwyn Morgan likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed May 18, 2016 9:50 pm | Top

#64 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Thu May 19, 2016 2:16 am

Hugh, I'm old school myself. Heck, I still use cassette tapes on occasion. My two tape recorders are from the 1970's. Oh, and I use an electronic typewriter on occasion that was marketed in 1975. I'm amazed that I can still find the ribbon cartridge for it! I also have two rotary dial telephones tucked away. If my wife would let me hook them up, I certainly would (but she won't have any part of that)!

Timothy Duncan

#65 by Eivind Mork , Thu May 19, 2016 9:48 am

I love technology, both new and old. I have an old fashioned Tandberg tape recorder, and I still regularily use my father's old mechanical type writer at the cabin. I love writing on that typewriter, but I am a professional programmer, and I wouldn't have my work if it wasn't for computers. I love computers too, but for different things. The computer will never give me the wonderful sound and real good feeling like the typewriter does.

I absolutely love the old film projectors and the feeling and image they give (why else would I be here in the forum). That doesn't stop me from having a digital interest also. For example; we wouldn't have this conversation without the net. I wouldn't have had even a fraction of my films if it wasn't for the net. I watch instructional videos on YouTube for my film projection hobby. I am a hobby photographer also, and have a digital camera, but that doesn't mean don't I see great value in old film cameras as well. The world is not black and white. What we consider old now was new sometime. We could argue that live theater was better than film (and I guess someone did in te early 1900s), and that horses are better than tractors (and they are in many ways). New technology comes all the time and has done for hundreds of years, but new technology should not replace the old necessarily but complement it. We use acoustic guitars even when electric guitars are here. They are two different things and can't replace the other. I see no point in saying that digital techonology are bad. It can do wonderful things. But I would prefer old technology many places, and I would prefer old film over digital any day for an evening when I wan't to enjoy a movie, but I am super happy we have H.264 video encoding as well!

And Timothy: I also love rotary phones! we have two buildings at the cabin, and one day there will be a rotary phone in each of them so we can call back and forth :-)

Eivind Mork
Date registered 10.12.2015
home: Oslo, Norway
ThankYou 400

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
A Brand New Thread.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor