Once Upon a time in the west SCOPE/TRAILER

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 07, 2016 10:05 pm

As we were chatting about the Italian westerns on another thread i thought i would spool up this excellent scope trailer which was supplied by our very own Barry at Independent 8, in its original box with his label.
a self explanatory item, as far as the quality is concerned, it is pin sharp with very good deep colours throughout, there is some original master material marks, especially at the start but this doesn't spoil it one bit. Plenty of the films action in here and it a generous running time, around 70 ft. This would be one great film to own in full in scope.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, Paul Browning and David Ollerearnshaw

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: Once Upon a time in the west SCOPE/TRAILER

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Very nice ... Would love to own the Marketing Feature, I only have the 400'

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#3 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 07, 2016 10:28 pm

I saw someone selling the full scope feature of this on the 8mm forum some months ago, it looked a superb print but i think it was a mute print, (not sure now), but it was the full scope feature.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

Last edited 05.07.2016 | Top

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2016 10:44 pm

If the feature looks anywhere near as good as this trailer of Tom's here, it will be a stunner!
Super Sharp, contrasty and vibrant trailer there Tom!
Deep rich blacks there that can only be from celluloid!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sat May 07, 2016 10:47 pm | Top

#5 by Paul Browning , Sun May 08, 2016 12:54 am

Yes Tom, its the one I purchased in scope, with the sound redone in English for me. I will up load some shots for you mate. Its on acetate stock, not as good a contrast as your
trailer I don't think, slightly muted but very sharp, and very good sound.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#6 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 08, 2016 10:16 am

That is one rare feature you have there Paul.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun May 08, 2016 11:29 am

The 'scope feature of OUATITW is stunning, costly, but stunning. I used to have the Marketing feature, which was nice colour, traded
in as I had acquired a print on 16mm. One of the lads in Italy put up some pictures of his print on S/8 on the 8mm forum and it was
one of the prints you'd get into debt for. Nice pics of the trailer Tom.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun May 08, 2016 11:30 am | Top

#8 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 08, 2016 11:32 am

Hugh, just out of curiosity, only as an idea, what sort of price would you pay these days for a good 16mm print, i have been out of 16mm for a few years now.
For example, the other day we mentioned the Elephant man, i guess its like a needle in a haystack job, but as a round figure what would i sensibly pay something reasonable?

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun May 08, 2016 12:21 pm

I would reckon on around £200.00 Tom, I got mine from Derann, who had got it from the late Harry Nadler, I think it was around
£150.00 years ago There was a print on ebay US around 2012/13 if I remember it didn't sell, decent print too $199.00 sticks in my head, forgotten
if it was a BIN or first bid. Dave Guest is the man who might just be able to help, give him a bell. I know the 8mm 'scope feature was a lot of money, fine if you have it spare, but a lot to justify for a film that is going to be viewed occasionally.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 pm | Top

#10 by Tom Photiou , Sun May 08, 2016 2:04 pm

Thanks Hugh, certainly some 8mm is just too stupid a price to justify it these days.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 548

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun May 08, 2016 2:13 pm

To be honest Tom, I would be loathe to get involved with an imported print, Lord knows what it is printed on, if its "acetate", or what
passes for now, it'll have a stripe, if Estar, no soundtrack. My advice, try for the Marketing feature, its "flat", the one I traded in to Ian,
first thing he asked was "Is it faded?", as some were, as soon as I said perfect colour, he took my arm off. Failing that, 16mm is as good
an option, chances are it will be a lot cheaper, better definition and colour should be fine.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Wed May 25, 2016 10:38 am

"Once Upon A Time in the West" was one of my best single trailers in numbers of sales, and I sold a lot of copies to Germany, I think it must be a favourite amongst German collectors.

Barry Attwood

#13 by Dave Alligan , Wed May 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello Barry

What happened to all your negatives and sound masters that you had made for all your releases ?

Dave

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#14 by David Ollerearnshaw , Wed May 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Would love this trailer missed it sorry Barry never knew you had released it. The feature too. One of the few films where everything works together.

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

#15 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Sorry to be so late in answering Dave, unfortunately most of my masters were still residing in a Dudley dealership, so I would imagine there in a landfill now, but with the price of new prints, I doubt if any of the titles I did would warrant re-prints nowadays.

Barry Attwood

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:12 pm

A damn shame Barry, still, you certainly made your mark on the release of those Value For Money Trailer Reels, they certainly were,
great prints, great titles and fair price, still have mine.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#17 by Barry Attwood ( deleted ) , Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:57 am

Thanks Hugh, I did my best, when you think the first VFM reels had 3 trailers on them and were sold for £23.99p. making each trailer a little under £8 EACH, my best selling VFM was "Eraser - Mission Impossible - Total Recall", that sold really well.

Barry Attwood

Once upon a time in the West Marketing release 800ft
One Eyed Jack. Marketing films 400ft selected scenes edition

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor