The Beatles Come to Town/SCOPE

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 07, 2016 9:57 pm

Now this was another bit of luck, i saw it on a list but want actually out to look for it, at £12 i took a chance as ive not seen this on 8mm in scope before. The image isn't the best i have ever seen and as i understand it, this version in scope never had good colour from the start.
Derann re-released in the 4:3 format and although i have not seen it, i understand this newer release has excellent image and colour so maybe one day this one will turn up for me.
Anyway, this was a Pathe News reel with the Beatles doing a one off performance at the ABC in Manchester, it shows the crowds waiting outside, the Cinema manager briefing his staff and some shots of the Beatles having a quick photo shot with there usual larking about before performing the full version of she love you, and then a slightly shortened version of the very popular twist and shout after which the curtains close and the end title plays out the reel. The colour is a little better than these images appear, trying to take photos of this one was a real pain, but all in all a very good reel and quite hard to find in scope, well worth the £12 tag we got it for though.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: The Beatles Come to Town/SCOPE

#2 by David Ralph ( deleted ) , Mon May 09, 2016 5:14 pm

I also have a copy of this film in scope. Mine is a PM Film release

David Ralph

RE: The Beatles Come to Town/SCOPE

#3 by Tom Photiou , Mon May 09, 2016 6:44 pm

ahhhh, in that case maybe mine is to, i think someone told me it was red fox but they may have been wrong. Its a great little reel, specially when that copper's bouncing his head to the music.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

The Avengers, Return of the Cybernauts 2 x 600ft Colour Sound
The Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show. 200ft B/W sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor