Pearl Harbour/Scope 400ft

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sat May 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Personally for us, as a movie Tora Tora Tora is a far better move, i watched this version of the Pearl Harbour attacks with the Wife many years ago on DVD, she enjoyed it because of the background Love story but for me it was so padded out with Hollywood bullshit i simply did not enjoy it. By the time the attack came is was bored. I remembered saying to Natasha, if they ever released just the attack on Super 8 scope it would be a great reel. A few years later it came out. And as luck would have it i found this on one of Paul fosters list for £25 and when i rang it was still there. My luck was in, and it really is an excellent fast moving all action 20 minutes of full on widescreen action, with excellent pin sharp image and very good mono sound.
Starting with a colourful opening with a short part of the original title sequence it then goes straight into the Japanese boarding there planes and preparing for the attack with the planes taking off in groups, the excellent shot of the two boys witnessing the planes arriving as the camera pans around as we see dozens and dozens of them flying pass in included and then its straight into the start of the attack itself. Some very good use of CGI and traditional special effects make this very realistic, The other well know shot of a plane dropping a bomb & the camera pans down and follows the bomb as its breaks through the decks, then from outside the USS Amazon is blown out the water, the action does not let up until the last few seconds with dog fights and even the women all being shot and bombed as they run for cover.
This has to be one of the very best 400 footers released, not a cut down, but simply the main attack which, lets face it, was the only good part of this movie. 10 out 10 in every way for me.

Eivind Mork likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

RE: Pearl Harbour/Scope 400ft

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 07, 2016 9:50 pm

Print look good. I have a trailer of this I think. I didn't find the movie too good, as you say, Tora! Tora! Tora! is far better

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

Peace on Earth 200ft Colour Sound
Planet of the Apes/ Every which way but loose Scope Trailers.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor