My Disney Trailers, No 1

#1 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 04, 2016 10:52 pm

My other 600 foot spools containing more great Disney Trailers. These were the first batch i bought over the early years of my Daughters. Apart from the Lion King special promo,(the opening scene), i just got what i could from the second hand lists with the majority only costing around £5-£8 each.
1/ Toy Story, stereo trailer, what more can be said of this excellent film, the first full length CGI animated movie. Great colour and sound. & "coming this thanksgiving".
2/101 dalmations live action, this is an excellent trailer and it was taken from a 35mm master, the colour and definition are top quality on this item, the sound,although good, is a little more muffled than the Derann norm at the time of this release. A good length promo and another virtual condensation of the entire film.
3/ Pocahontas special promo. Superb quality and also the cheapest of all my trailers EVER. it cost me £3 due to a few minor lines which really, if sold today , would be considered more than satisfactory. Not one of my favourites, but it was my Daughters so i had to find it.
4/The Lion King special preview, the opening scene. Nuf said, a modern classic if there is such an expression. Great colours sound and image in every way.
5/The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Another one i bought purely because my little girl at the time loved it, however, aside a couple of lines here and there the quality and sharpness is outstanding. One of the best.
6/ My personnel favourite on this reel is this Sing a long from the little mermaid. This is a full on promo to this lovely film starting off with the wise owl telling his class, (along with the beat) that everyone can sing if they all join in, even the bird with the dozy voice and D cap, (they probably would not be able to put that in a film these days). Then into the academy award winning song of 1989 Under the Sea. For more info on this take a look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Sea
The screen is absolutely full of superb music, colours and non stop comical characters. If you only had one Disney promo this is the one you should get.

OOPS balls up, photos on next page

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 05.04.2016 | Top

RE: My Disney Trailers, No 1

#2 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#3 by Tom Photiou , Wed May 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#4 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed May 04, 2016 11:59 pm

Brilliant Tom!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

#5 by Vidar Olavesen , Thu May 05, 2016 12:32 am

Awesome ... What is not in your Disney collection?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#6 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu May 05, 2016 12:33 am

Not so much, by the look of things.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#7 by Tom Photiou , Thu May 05, 2016 7:32 am

well, we only have two of the features, a few shorts, but trailer wise the ones i keep my eye out for now are pinnochio, snow white, beauty and the beast, lady and the tramp,the aristo cats and jungle book, if i had these they would make up a final reel.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu May 05, 2016 9:55 am

Stunning trailer reel there though Tom, no matter what else!

Lady isn't as good for colour as the feature and some of the jungle Book officially released trailers on low fade stock end abruptly.
Beauty and the Beast is an excellent trailer though as is Pinocchio!

Aristocats is also very good too.

Barry often has many of the ones I've managed to find. His lists are always worth looking at for these type of trailers.

It's funny but often, like here with Hunchback, Derann placed the trailer at the end of the feature. I've left mine as is as it would mean cutting where there was no cut, but surely it would have been better placed at the beginning of the feature?
May have prevented one or two feature reels from becoming damaged also, had they have decided to do so!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu May 05, 2016 6:12 pm | Top

My Disney Trailer reel 2. 600ft
My Name is Nobody. 2 x 800ft Scope colour sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor