Movietone News The Academy Awards 200ft Colour

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue May 03, 2016 10:10 pm

This was one of the small batch of films & trailers that arrived today & is the better of the 200 foots i ordered. The colour has held well and the quality is actually much better than i thought it would be with excellent sound. A great nostalgic reel for any film collector with so much crammed into its 9 minute running time.
We start off the reel with the Royals visiting the annual awards and with a few very well known faces as we see here with a very elderly Charley Chaplin, a quick peek at the late Ronnie Corbett sat in the Audience, John Hurt presented with his award announced by Lee Remmick and of course Ronnie Barker receiving an award for best light entertainment with Porridge.
We then move onto a vast collection in Dorset, as i have only seen this one quickly tonight i cannot remember all the details but here we have a chap showing us a very extended collection of early film camera's including a zoetrope, every piece shown in the film is in perfect working order,
Now then, that girl in the semi nude, i did not intend to take this image, it was actually the guy looking into the peep show box, this came up as he was looking in the viewfinder and i snapped it, but then, hey ho lads, its harmless fun and yes it really is in this 200 footer for a 2 seconds.
Then we see what happens to the old nitrile film after it has been transferred to safe stock and as you can see it makes a great bonfire.
This really is a great little reel for any film fan. One of the best Movietone News reels i have seen.

David Ollerearnshaw likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Last edited 05.03.2016 | Top

RE: Movietone News The Academy Awards 200ft Colour

#2 by David Ollerearnshaw , Tue May 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Think I was looking at this on ebay. Looks good

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: Movietone News The Academy Awards 200ft Colour

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue May 03, 2016 10:16 pm

Quite a historic piece of film this one now Tom, with all of those famous faces who sadly are no longer with us anymore. Yet another very nice find there!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Tom Photiou sais Thank You!
Andrew Woodcock

Monsters we known & loved/Hollywood & the Stars
Murderers Row, 400ft Colour Sound

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor