My Disney Trailer reel 2. 600ft

#1 by Tom Photiou , Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:11 pm

During the time my first Daughter was 2 in 1994 I began to collect some Disney trailers. I wish I bought many more , however, I didn't do too bad in the end.
I currently have two lots of Disney trailers filling up 2 x 600ft spools, simply titled Disney trailer reel 1 and Disney trailers reel 2. Tonight I started with number two as it required a little clean up.
so at the start the running order is a superb opening with the cinema trailer to Disney's Dinosaur. Aside the actual trailer Derann put a superb Virgin cinema's opening which has a montage of just about every famous Hollywood face from the universal horror's to the later films. This trailer was worth buying just for this.
Next is a short trailer for An American tail, (a film I was never keen on), and then the brilliant Who framed Roger Rabbit, almost a cut down of the full feature. A great trailer and superb quality.
Next is the Elton John video promo to the Lion King where he performs Can you feel the love tonight with footage from the film inter mixed, this one has a little negative sparkle at the start just for a few seconds but clears up quickly to another great quality in colour sharpness and sound.
Next is the 5 minute promo for Disney's' Tarzan where the friendly ape finds the baby Tarzan & a tense couple of minutes where a leopard attack begins and the ape escapes with the baby, "just in the nick of time" before a few short scenes play's out the trailer along with a short spell of Phil Collins music. This trailer has A+ quality in every way.
Next up is 3 teaser trailers to Treasure planet, (this film came and went un noticed), Jungle Book 2 and Finding Nemo, then there is the full trailer to Finding Nemo. Pity this one never made it onto super 8, one of the better modern Pixar films after Toy Story.
Next up is a full trailer to Fantasia 2000, this one moves so fast it was very hard to get a picture , it starts off with a small screen with Walt Disney and a short explanation of how the original was meant to be an on- going work, but released on 01/01/2000 was this feature film. A great trailer, again with A+ quality, I also have part one of the feature but never could find anyone selling the other reels,
And lastly on this reel a full promo for the Disney film Dinosaur which like Tarzan is almost a n opening 5 minutes. The colours, and animation are outstanding, pin sharp image and belting sound make this one a winner.
The images here are the best I could do as like all trailers the action is pretty much fast moving all the way.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Last edited 04.26.2016 | Top

RE: My Disney Trailer reel 2. 600ft

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Looks nice. Is it printed like this or have you spliced trailers together yourself?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Tom Photiou , Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi Vidar,
All splice together, I keep the original boxes with the leaders and tails just in case I ever sell them.
BTW, check your home mail, sorted out the p pal as promised.

Vidar Olavesen likes this

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:04 pm

I saw that. Thanks, appreciate it

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 pm

The purrrrfect trailer reel you have there Tom!!!!

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:47 am

WOW, brilliant Tom, I have some fantastic trailers myself and have been meaning to sort them out, I think you've inspired me

Del Phillipson

#7 by Tom Photiou , Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Some people are quite funny, they ask me why I like trailers, its because there greaaaat, full of action and often tell the whole story in 3 minutes.
Why do we watch anything.

Tom Photiou
ThankYou 549

Mutiny on the Bounty 3x400 ft MGM
My Disney Trailers, No 1

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor