Toy Story -Derann

#1 by Mats Abelli , Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:09 am

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

This is on Ebay right now. Fairly priced. Maybe someone on the forum is interrested?
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-8-featur...hMAAOSwZ8ZW4-hy

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Mats Abelli
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Nättraby, Sweden
ThankYou 112

RE: Toy Story -Derann

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:31 am

Yes, it's another strange one is this Mats. It's already been sold once recently????

"C'Mon Baggy, Get With The Beat"

Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:29 pm

did the buyer pay for it though, it's the pain of selling on ebay, the non paying buyer, I had it with Marilyn Monroe recently.

Del Phillipson

#4 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Meaning you still have the Marilyn Monroe documentary? How much would you need for it?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#5 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:14 pm

Not too sure Vidar, I was thinking of keeping it.

Del Phillipson

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Okay, was watching it and considered bidding

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#7 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Well I didn't win it, anyone know who did?

Del Phillipson

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:56 pm

Too many dreamers use e bay when it comes to films and projectors and leisure items in general!

As a seller, I would imagine you have to put up with a right load of nonsense at times from some of the balloons who bid on their stuff but have no intention of ever paying for it, despite winning it for some ridiculous over priced amount!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:58 pm | Top

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:21 pm

I agree that to bid on someones items, then renege on the deal is bad form. I have had some lovely films purchased on ebay, stuff
that dealers never seem to have, you get to know the chancers and the other ebayers that you have dealt with before and trust.
The buyer isn't always dreaming Andrew, but their trust is sometimes betrayed by over described items, or even withdrawn at
the last minute when an offer has been made elsewhere behind the scenes. Let us not kid ourselves, this hobby is dead, its only
ebay that keeps any interest or indeed new input, dealers lists tend to be stagnant of late, and in many cases, overpriced.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#10 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:30 pm

I agree with both points, I have been a victim more than once of bidders who do not pay, one recently was a dealer from the Blackpool convention who wouldn't pay for a B&W feature for £21.00, his loss as I re listed it for £35.00 buy it now and it sold within 24 hours. You have to know your mustard when selling on ebay, you can list something and get bids of £2,000.00 and you think wow but try getting these morons to pay, what really does piss me off is when you get a last second bidder and he/she still doesn't pay, I just block the morons so they can't do it twice. You can get some bargains but not many, last year I got a full length "Singin In The Rain" feature for £50.00, it wasn't the Derann version but it was mint with great colour and a lovely sharp print, I was well chuffed.

Del Phillipson

#11 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:34 pm

terrific purchase you made there Del!

The hobby still has it's supporters and dealers are doing their level best to come by whatever they can if they feel there is enough left on purchase prices to still make a small profit.

E Bay just seems to attract more than it's fair share of chancing bastards from what I see from a sellers prospective. Equally there are plenty more sellers who have the morals of an alley cat when it comes to their descriptions, so I guess it works both ways.

I just feel sorry for people like Del above here and Tom, who describe things extremely honestly, yet still get bogged down by individuals who refuse to pay for their purchases, that's all.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 pm | Top

#12 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 am

Totally agree Andrew, I can understand to an extent someone realising he has gone too far, but to put in crazy bids then not
honour the deal, then ebay should ban them outright.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#13 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am

Again I agree on both points, the worst one yet though was a quite infamous American collector from the other forum who purchased a copy of "Firefox" optical from me. I always try and describe my films honestly and listed it as badly scratched for the first 200' and also had stain marks (similar to what Andrew had on Comando, but nowhere near as bad) every 3/4 minutes which lasted around 2/3 seconds through the film, also there was no end titles. But on saying all this the colour was A+ was nice and sharp and the vast majority of the film was mint. I accepted an offer of £60.00 for this plus £20.00 postage (didn't know what the true postage was) when I came to post it it cost me £28.00 so I was already £8.00 down. Then the fun really started......

The buyer received the film and straight away started moaning, saying it wasn't as described, it was more badly scratched than I had listed and that he wanted 50% of his money back or he would open a case on ebay to get ALL his money back. The thing is he knew I couldn't afford to have it sent back as the postage costs would have been horrendous, I ended up giving him a £30 refund so ended up with £22.00, then taking into account ebay paypal fees I ended up with around £15.00 for the full length feature.

The same guy around a week later then posted on the other forum that he was struggling to find money to buy films and he was broke, basically he knew what he was going to do before he even purchased this film, he then had the nerve to say he would keep an eye on my sales in future.........Oh no he won't, he's BLOCKED

Del Phillipson

#14 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:11 am

That is no doubt one of many that chance their arm Del, despicable behaviour, you should have no qualms in naming
and shaming the bugger. To buy a film advertised as "A one" and discovering endless faults is maddening, but if you
buy a film that the seller has already said is not tip top, then making a song and dance, there is no case, ebay obviously are useless
in this respect. Why should you have had to pay return postage? You had already said of the films faults, no case really,
his cost I'd have thought to pay return post. Cheeky b******d.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 am | Top

#15 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:49 am

Oh you know the guy well Hugh, think he's a personal favorite of yours, his dad Peter played for Chelsea in the 70's. I notice on the forum he does it all the time, has done it in the last few weeks with a UK seller with a Disney feature, I wouldn't sell him an empty spool.

Del Phillipson

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Yeah, I think I know him Del, a guy who runs with the hare and hunts with the hounds, as I found out, "penny" for your thoughts, he's
popular on Mr Lail's forum too. Funny you mentioned spools, he likes the big ones.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:28 pm | Top

#17 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Hugh, that's the one, was it your Fox & the Hound he bought then? I noticed he was up to his tricks again, he tarnishes our lovely hobby.

Del Phillipson

#18 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:43 pm

P.S. I think we both have the same opinion of him.......starts with a W continued with a big metal object found on the end of a rope on ships

Del Phillipson

#19 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:59 pm

I would think we're not alone Del, we could form a club!! Anyway, the way you were treated there is a measure of the man, deceitful,
when a seller gives an honest appraisal of an item, like you did, then is swindled by the "buyer", I hope his Googie Withers, should I add
the ugly b******, yes I will, may every biscuit he picks up be a custard cream, the ugly b*******.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:05 am | Top

#20 by Dave Alligan , Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:26 pm

I know the person who you are referring to Del I think he goes under the alias of Wayne Kerr !!

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

#21 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:02 pm

Sorry, I just caught the question Del, no I didn't sell Fox & Hound to him, but obviously he is one of these folk that expect
pristine prints every time he spends his "pennies", but can quite happily flog crap in his over described and largely false
descriptions himself!! The problem he has, is that all this stuff is relayed to the public, no thought for the poor soul he's embarrassing.
As you rightly say, avoid. I've had the odd clunker on ebay, but it is rare, the majority of folk are honest, so I go with that.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#22 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:16 pm

LOL at dave, agree Hugh there are some great buyers on ebay, but also some very unscrupulous ones, they only crap on me once I then block them. My one wish in my super 8 life is to get hold of a mint optical sound copy of Grizzly Adams just to rub his nose in it

Del Phillipson

#23 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:43 pm

I've got one on 16mm, faded, but comes up a treat with a gel. I must post some pics. One I was left, not a film I'd buy,
especially with Dan Haggarty, he'd give the Wicker Man a run for his money, more wooden than the hut he lived in,
the furniture was accused of over acting. He died recently, he wasn't acting, but it was hard to tell.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#24 by Paul Browning , Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:51 pm

I HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE ON EBAY RECENTLY WITH A PAIR OF SHOES I BOUGHT THAT WERE NOT AS DESCRIBED AND THE WRONG SIZE,EVEN THOUGH THE SIZE WAS STAMPED CLEARLY ON THE SOLES !!!!. WHEN EMAILED HIM FOR A RETURN ADDRESS, NO REPLY. SO I OPENED A CASE AGAINGST HIM AND EBAY RULED IN MY FAVOUR, SO I FOLLOWED THERE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER SENDING THEM BACK TO HIM VIA REGISISTERED POST. WITHIN 7 DAYS EBAY REFUNDED ME THE FULL AMOUNT. I CHECKED ONLINE AND HE HAD NOT
COLLECTED THEM EVEN THOUGH A CARD WAS PUT THROUGH HIS DOOR TO SAY A PARCEL WAS AWAITING DELIVERY TO HIM. SO THE SMART ARSE THOUGHT I 'LL LEAVE IT UNCOLLECTED
THINKING I WOULD NOT GET PAID OUT BECAUSE THE ITEM HAS TO GOT BACK TO HIM. OBVIOUSLY HE DID NOT READ THE SMALL PRINT, AND HE DID NOT KNOW THAT AN UNDILIVERED PARCEL "GETS REUTURNED TO SENDER" AS ELVIS WOULD SAY. SO NOT THE SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE DRAW BY A LONG WAY, BUT ONE OF THOSE DICKHEADS WHO DESERVES TO BE TAUGHT A LESSEN. NOW AN EMAIL ARRIVES PLEADING WITH ME TO RETURN HIS SHOES AND HE DIDN'T KNOW THEY DIDN'T KEEP A PARCEL "INDEFINATELY, OR UNTILL HE COULD GET HIS IDLE ASS DOWN THE PARCEL DEPOT !!!!!. THIS DICKHEAD HAD NO INTENTION OF RETURNED MY EMAILS OR MONEY, SO MY EMAIL TO HIM WAS TOUGH MATE, THEY HAVE GONE TO THE OXFAM SHOP. I WILL AWAIT HIS EMAIL. I HAVE NO TIME FOR THESE MORONS, AND LESS PATIENCE'S WITH SMART ALIX'S WHO THINK I WON'T ACT, HE'S LUCKY I DIDN'T GO TO HIS ADDRESS AND SHOVE THEM WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. I SHARE YOUR FRUSTRATION MATE, I WILL ALWAYS DEFEND MY CORNER, AND THERE A FEW ON THE FORUMS WHO COULD DO WITH TAKING DOWN A PEG OR TWO. ALL THE EXPERTS, YEH RIGHT MATE, JOG ON.

Dave Alligan likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#25 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:44 pm

Good for you Paul, some of these people are beyond belief, cheeky doesn't cover it, hard faced is a better description, pity he didn't called for his shoes, you could have smacked him over the head with 'em, the swine.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
There's a kind of hum.............

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor