RE: What are your most recent film purchases?

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Just received Die Hard With A Vengeance earlier today so hopefully will get a first viewing of it later this evening.

I will post back on first impressions later this evening hopefully. I just hope all will be ok but from description, it should be, fingers crossed.

It's going to be a real thrill to me to see a full feature involving Samual L Jackson as he is an actor I really like and just wish Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction had somehow made it onto Super 8mm as full features.

The following members like this: Mats Abelli and Eivind Mork
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm | Top

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Well done there Andrew, I found them entertaining films, pity that RED & RED 2 will never see 8mm, Bruce Willis can carry comedy off
well. Seems like you got a nice print, congratulations.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:11 pm

I will put some initial pics on here later Hugh.
I've seen only the first 1200ft (two reels) so far, but aside from a little negative wear towards the end of each reel (very very common)and some slight lab wash defect creating a transparent background bubbling effect slightly for around 100ft close to the beginning of the film, all looks remarkably well I am pleased to say so far!

No lines or print wear whatsoever so far!! :))))

The sound, as ever in these later year prints, is nothing to write home about. Recorded too low and though great Stereo effect can be abundantly detected on this one, by the time you take the levels to a good listenable range, there is plenty of high end hiss.
Lower the treble setting and the dialogue becomes muffled, so it is a see saw balancing act on prints such as this, but then typically, it always is on these later Derann prints I've found.

Yet another to make itself to the Woody Studios of Sound one day!
Let's look at it at 0 db shall we! Then we will have a track to be proud of!
Currently even on main stripe, it's only peaking at -7db.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:17 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
FEASIBILITY

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor