RE: FEASIBILITY

#26 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Paul's idea above of filming a projected high quality true HD image, could and would work well I feel. As long as the camera allows for low light filming, due to the size and quality of the image, I feel results would be very good indeed with a decent camera.

Only problem is, no real striping facilities are readily available and pre striped stock doesn't look like it will ever reappear. This leaves only the pulse sync option being the only likely feasible method of projecting film with sound on anything new.

By the time you've gone to the trouble of making a film from a projected Blu Ray digital image only then to project it back using a film projector coupled to a DVD player or similar to obtain the sound, you may as well just cut out the middle man in my opinion.

Andrew Woodcock

#27 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:19 pm

I remember seeing something similar over here Doug, it was a bagful of 50' spools of "Star Trek" and "Dr Who" etc that someone
had filmed from a TV screen, they sold too. I did something similar in the '70s with the std 8mm Quarz 5, I recorded by single frame
shot, frames from "In The Heat of the Night", "Day of the Triffids" and "The Frozen Dead", I could only view on an editor, but they looked fine. I doubt there are any 35mm prints out there Vidar of this film now, hence my wanting to use DVD. The negative was destroyed/lost, DVD has loads of quality built in, so it might yield decent results
although I don't want to get into buying dvd projectors etc, I feel when that day comes, I would pack in the hobby, film to me is special its just a case of using
what is available, my Nizo camera should do, unfortunately, Paul would blench, but 50' spools it would have to be. It seems a lot of trouble, but cine always was, film was shot, edited, striped usually at home and sound recorded. I will try a test or two, who knows, this
might be the way of getting your films, from what I've heard of those trailers from France, the quality is awful, surely with good exposure and care, it can't be any worse. As long as the stock can be striped.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#28 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:26 pm

I can understand to a point Andrew, but the point of this excursion is simply, the distributors can't or won't release, even though
there were 16mm hire prints made, therefore, it must be needs must, I don't want to get into dvd projection, otherwise, why keep
film and all it's equipment, which is why video never lured me at the time, film is tangible, hence why I was looking to DVD which
has great quality, which should be transferable from an electronic medium to an organic one. Granted, it won't be easy, but what in this
hobby is? Magazines were devoted to it in years past, with loads of innovative ideas, from shooting scripts to editing and sound
recording. The only stumbling block would be striping, which if acetate, should not be a problem, but don't know what base new filmstock is available on. Some think it as piracy, but there is no harm done, it is for personal use and no different to recording
from a TV source on dvd. By the way Andrew, there is a programme on C5 devoted to Disney etc on Easter Sunday 4.10

Hugh Thompson Scott

#29 by Paul Browning , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Hugh, there's a program for you on quest on the 1st April about the origins of western movies, certainly worth a disc in the old machine me thinks.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#30 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Definitely Paul, I'll look forward to that. thanks for the note.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#31 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Thanks for tip off there Hugh 're Disney programme. I am in work but may record it, if that's legal!

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Are Members interested

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor