WTB Ben Hur 3 x 400' scope

#1 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:09 pm

I'm looking for a really nice print of this with good colour, anybody can help please PM me, has to be scope, thanks in advance, Del.

Del Phillipson

RE: WTB Ben Hur 3 x 400' scope

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Here's hoping Del, I'll keep vigilant, as no doubt other members will, in the meantime, try Tony at Bucks Film or Barry at Indy 8, as stock keeps coming in that might not be on their lists, not forgetting Phil at CHC.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:01 pm | Top

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:12 pm

I thought Buckingham was not having lists? I asked for list a couple of times, but never got any

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Hi Vidar, as I understand it, he sends out on receipt of a few stamps, he is still active and I must get back on his mailing list myself,
he isn't too dear either.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:34 pm

I have it Del and its in lovely condition, still has great colour also, but it's that's long ago,when I last watched it, I cannot remember whether it is in scope, or not.

I shall check it out later on this week when I'm off work.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm | Top

#6 by Del Phillipson ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:00 pm

Cheer's mate, let me know

Del Phillipson

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:03 pm

It's on one 1200 ft spool Del . I will dig it out later this week.

Andrew Woodcock

#8 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:16 pm

We had to sell ours recently due to the amount of fade. Such as shame as it is a very good 3 x 400 footer, hoping another may turn up one day but i have an idea they are all either fading or faded.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Last time I watched this one Tom, it surprised me just how the good the colour still was on it. I will dig it out later this week and post some shots here. It will be interesting to see if it's still as I remember here with this one.
It came from a veteran collector/ owner here in Lancashire that supplied me quite a few at the time including a much sought after mint stunning Derann print of "The Little Matchgirl" and a very special to me, limited first edition release of Snow White that quite frankly, blows my other Derann print of this film out of the water. Stunning print.

His son (my age) was selling the films, and I was lucky enough to get a "meet" with his Dad. He was a lovely warm man that was still putting on film shows in the area well into his 60's and 70's apparently. He boasted he had over 120 features to offer people on his list in his "hey days" on Super 8mm.
From all the classic musicals to war films, drama and classic early cinema films.
He even gave me one of his original lists of his film "selections" offered to his audience. Another snippet of A4 to treasure for people like myself!

His eyes lit up as he was recollecting these memories from bygone happy days in the way you simply never forget. Similarly, I was laughing as his his good lady wife was rolling her eyes at his sheer enthusiasm.
A truly wonderful couple of days in the hobby, that I will never forget.

I envisaged that is the way my wife will look one day over all of this hobby, regarding my outlook over all of the years ha ha.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:05 am | Top

#10 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:26 am

If my memory is correct my Super 8 mm CineVision Scope 3 x 400' print was showing signs of fade.

David Hardy

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:49 am

Actually David, I bought a print secondhand back in the late 80's, it looked warm then, but hasn't got any worse, I can put up pics,
but the film seems okay, no worse from when bought.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:53 am

All will be revealed, hopefully if memory serves me correctly here.

Andrew Woodcock

#13 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:58 pm

Film is on it's way to you Del and PM sent thanks.

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Wtb Birthday Feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor