A soldiers Story. WW2 In colour

#1 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:10 pm

Here is a series of Super 8 films from Techno films.
We currently own 5 of these excellent 400 footers,each one comes in a tidy well illustrated plastic case.
Our latest addition came up on ebay at 4.99 start price, i popped in my bid and i was the only one. A bargain. Like many techno films there is some fade, however, there is also plenty of colour left but i would suggest the i think the sourced material was probably never that good. The series is narrated by brilliant Lloyd Bridges, the episode we viewed tonight was Kamikaze Flower of Death. a full 400 foot with all the titles in place, the quality is excellent ,(although these images here are not that well focused, the screen is full of non stop action so its awkward to get anything too clear). The Sound is top notch. There is very little about this 1978 TV series anywhere on the internet and i cant remember seeing this on TV. The content is 100% real footage from WW2 and it is all in colour.

We also have The desert war, Iwo Jima,Saipan and Target Tokyo, all of them have a little fade but it is only really prominent during the titles, once the real footage is up and running some it has really excellent colour whilst others have a lower range but generally for the age and the sourced material i would say they are all in very good shape, and each one is in there original boxes.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548

RE: A soldiers Story. WW2 In colour

#2 by Tom Photiou , Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:12 pm

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Eivind Mork

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 548