George Kennedy

#1 by David Ollerearnshaw , Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:09 pm

Sadly another veteran actor has left us. George Kennedy 91 died Sunday. Great in Airport, and The Naked Gun films

I still love the smell of film in the morning

David Ollerearnshaw
Date registered 08.13.2015
home: Sheffield UK
ThankYou 61

RE: George Kennedy

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Ah, no. I loved him. He had something about him. R.I.P. Saw him first in Airport '80 The Concorde

Will be missed

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Paul Browning , Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:40 pm

How sad, great in the dirty dozen, R.I.P .

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:07 am

Any film with this man in was worth watching, I especially liked him in the Bob Mitchum film "The Good Guys & the Bad Guys", I
have it on 16mm 'scope, the line where he tells the tale of a guy trying to stop a train ended up with just a grease trail up the track
just kills me, he was frightening in the Clint Eastwood film "Thunderbolt & Lightfoot" as a psycho killer, but lovable in the "Naked Gun"
films where he came out with a classic line "I dunno, they photograph you between the legs of the Queen of England, and they call it news", I'm laughing as I type this, but he delivered it in such a way. He was by all accounts a really nice man, I believe he looked after
his wife or daughter who was ill. R.I.P.. George, you are a star.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen, David Ollerearnshaw and Paul Browning
Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Paul Browning , Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Forgot that one Hugh, that's a good film with Clint too, and Jeff bridges, rumbles along nicely.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:46 pm

It's a case of pick one really, he was in about 200 films, I still have his appearance on "Bilko", my favourite comedy show ( apart from
Frasier ) a very versatile actor really, he could be chilling or the other side of the coin, lovable, anyway Paul, there'll be no more from
George, but he's left a wealth of stuff for us to enjoy, film is eternal after all.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Tom Photiou , Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:17 pm

Very Sad. One of my favourite actors, serious or comedy he was brilliant. Very much enjoyed Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and the Eiger Sanction.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 550

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lady Penelope passes away

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor