Pizza Box Film Storage

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Since I got into 16 mm, I wanted a way to store them that would work for the space that I have. I purchased a bundle (48) of plain white pizza boxes that are working out well. They will hold (2) 2000' reels per box if needed.I reinforce the corners with strong clear tape.Titles are printed out and applied on the sides and front. I print out box-top art on card stock and put on a clear coat for durability. It's then attached (with spray glue) and you're done!

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Svein Sveinsson
Douglas Warren

RE: Pizza Box Film Storage

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:08 pm

Looking good Douglas.

Mats Abelli likes this
Andrew Woodcock

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:27 am

Very nicely done Doug! That's a great way to store and protect your films but still let them 'breathe' so to speak! I would've never imagined using that type of box to store film in, but it's a terrific idea! At the rate your collection is growing, you'll need to purchase another bundle of boxes soon! Thanks for posting this!

Timothy Duncan

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:09 am

Thanks Tim! At less than one dollar per box it's an inexpensive way to store my reels without just stacking the bare reels on a shelf. The artwork gives the boxes a nicer look as well.

Douglas Warren

#5 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:40 am

Well done Douglas. They look great and very economical for storage.
In the past I have received 16mm prints in Pizza boxes through the post.

David Hardy

#6 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:34 pm

Thank you David and so far they're working out well for my purposes. I need to put together a few more over the weekend.

Douglas Warren

#7 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:39 pm

As nice as I've seen, like Andrew, obviously you lads take pride in your box presentation.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#8 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Many thanks Hugh! Since these boxes will hold up to (2) 2000' reels,they work well for most if not all feature film storage. One thing I need to do is to place some strips of cardboard inside so that smaller reels don't slide around so much.

Douglas Warren

W.C. Fields title needed
Some New Films

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor