I Loved Labyrinth ...

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

Last edited 01.12.2016 | Top

RE: R.I.P. David Bowie

#2 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:04 am

Appaling news to be met with on my way home from work this morning.

A true legend and pioneer of many musical styles and flamboyant dress influences that came thereafter.

David, your work will last forever, you will be forever many people's Starman.

R.I.P. David Bowie.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:34 am | Top

#3 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Very sad to hear this news as David was truly a pioneer in the field of rock / pop music. I remembering watching "The 1980 Floor Show" as a teenager and was a fan from that day on. R.I.P. Ziggy Stardust.

Douglas Warren

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Hope our buddy Vidar is okay. On David Bowie, a very talented man, not exactly my music, but credit where due, he had his
fan base and he will definitely be a great loss to the music industry, people like him are rare, which make his passing even greater,
a late girl friend of mine was fanatical about him, what a sad start to the New Year. R.I.P. David.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:59 pm | Top

#5 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:23 pm

watching the days main UK news programme this evening just now, it strikes home JUST how iconic, influential and down right futuristic David Bowie really was for our nation's 60', 70's and even 80's kids.

A man who truly paved the way for much of our societies social changes and people's outlooks in these eras.

A true artistic legend in a world when these terms are often overused.

Andrew Woodcock

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:50 am

A view I take of life is this Andrew, we are all floating on the sea of death, everytime a life is lost, it is like someone has chipped a chunk off our little iceberg, until it is our turn, then our chip is gone, it'll continue, until the "berg" reaches its own balance, then overturns, and it all starts again. Our life is but a flicker, enjoy it, I myself can't understand the need to kill folk in lands I couldn't
point to on a map, The man David Bowie (Jones), is a tragedy, We are of his side of the "iceberg", in years to come, we'll all be forgotten, example, name half a dozen music hall stars from the '20's.. The "Berg" turns again with a fresh face to be
chipped at, new talent to be made and lost, Life is made and lost. Jesus, here I am the philosopher, what a pain, The upshot is, let
us celebrate what we have while we can. David Bowie was a very talented lad, I salute his passing, we will all join him soon.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 am | Top

#7 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:54 am

Wow Hugh, some really poignant and powerful words there!
On a day I've just witnessed my beautiful lady nursing her terminally ill mother, you've seriously reduced me to tears there Hugh with those most memorable of words!

What can I say???

You're a true man of wisdom and intelligence Hugh in this Circle Of Life.

Film thankfully, provides us all with our light hearted escapism from all of our abrasive, harsh realities of life I find.

Thank God for escapism!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:07 am | Top

#8 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 am

Andrew, I hope I haven't upset anyone too much, just my view on stuff, just the observations of a silly brickie. I hope things pick
up with your Mother in Law, I've been there too, mine hated me, but later related to her friend, how she was grateful for all my care of her.
Life is precious in our vast universe, a little speck of dust, and all we do is fight amongst ourselves I am used to fights, mainly with the
elements, a few with my fellow man, but it is always sad when folk die, I grow weary of attending funerals. Anyway, before we all start looking for a length of rope, the best eulogy for David Bowie would be to listen to his music, a fitting tribute to a fine musician.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 am | Top

#9 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:11 am

Life On Mars please Hugh if u will.

Andrew Woodcock

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:40 pm

As a very strange coincidence, the excellent German TV show "Deutschland '83" uses the music from Peter Schilling, entitled "Major
Tom", no doubt homage to "Space Oddity", just started on our television, just as the man's passing, whatever, we're all made of star stuff and to that we shall return, no doubt David would approve.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
R.I.P. Angus Scrimm

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor