STAR WARS NEW VENTURE

#1 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:05 pm

just to chuck a pebble in the pond, I somehow think the new film will be the same ground recovered, old faces to give a feeling
of familiarity, but the same stuff reheated, deafening sound to make you cringe, but it will be the same but faster cutting and LOUDER.
I shall not be attending, or buying the dvd, I've seen it all before, when we were all younger, and now, wiser. Jaded, but not a total sucker.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:06 pm | Top

RE: STAR WARS NEW VENTURE

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:10 pm

Not sure the editing will be fast. J. J. Abrams is old school. Lots of practical effects. Just wish I could see it in 70mm

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 349

#3 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:53 pm

It remains to be seen Vidar, I noticed in "Gladiator", the sword fights are quick cut, as opposed to the fights in "Spartacus" ( Brynna)
same with sword fights now in film, there are no long takes. I'll send a copy of Arthur of the Britons in the new year, a very rough, tough
version of how the ancient Brits lived, all star casts, but the sword fights were done for real, "aim for the part you wish to hit" was
what the stuntman told them, which made the fights very realistic, far better than Hollywood, anyway, my point being, we are all
great swordsmen or Gung Fu artists if down to editing, therefore, with all the quick cutting of the starfighters etc, I can't see this
film eclipsing the first, just my opinion.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#4 by Tom Photiou , Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:06 pm

Yeah, i see its already ensured that its PC with women in the lead role, probably be a single parent in there somewhere and the unmentionables.

When the Empire strikes back was up for casting did you know that George Lucas was approached simply because there was no coloured people in the cast, Jeepers is this all there worried about? I bet no one watched the original Star Wars and even gave that a thought. Even the sequel to the classic Snowman had the good family with young child changed to a single parent. Why do they have to keep doing this in films, its one thing that gets me going. (not that you'd notice) All that crap about "it has to be seen to be with it" is utter nonsense, films are for entertainment.

Tom Photiou
Date registered 08.14.2015
home: Plymouth. UK
ThankYou 549

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Speech in film

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor