RE: DOESN'T ONES HEAD GET SORE......

#26 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:53 am

Andrew, I respect what you say, although I pray you are never seduced to use these machines, you have your lovely
collection of Disney Films, I am not a lover of them as you know, but please don't be tempted to put them through these
machines. I reckon that has whittled down my fan club, but I'm thinking of your films.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:54 am | Top

#27 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:56 am

Never in a million years Hugh, I can truly promise you that much Sir

I am far too long in the tooth nowadays to be seduced by anything or anyone, let alone a GS at this late stage in all of this.

It's not only Disney prints for me, far from it. But for all my favourites, I only project them through any machine on the days they gain my 100% trust.
If they have given me any recent doubt whatsoever, the best stay well well clear until I know for sure I've nailed it nowadays.

I learned many years ago now, that ANY machine, can and will go wrong somewhere down the line.
You get but one solitary chance to preserve these prints now!

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 pm | Top

#28 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 am

I just hate the idea of folks films being harmed Andrew, I'm sure you know the score, so this guy remaking a brand new GS1200
is much like Torquemada being given a new torture chamber! Some poor bugger is going to pay the price, as a lot of us did, those little
floating scratches, the green lines, the one third mark, oh it goes on, but some poor bugger will find out, Ugo will no doubt laugh it off or be in the next world. Ugo, get in touch with Scott, I will give you a non tech lecture.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#29 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:34 pm

I would have liked an alternative for optical prints, but I wouldn't now be looking for an Elmo to provide me with the solution.
Ultimately, I feel, it will be the prints that go in the end rather than me necessarily pursuing a solution as time now moves on.
If the Fumeo was obtainable for slightly less, then I'd be tempted. But just for the optical prints I have, I don't necessarily think it represents good value for money for someone in my position nowadays as I don't see myself adding too many more of these to the collection anymore.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:36 pm | Top

#30 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:25 pm

Bill thanks for letting me know that. I will be in touch after the Christmas Madness settles down.
I have a couple of jobs lined up for you.

David Hardy

#31 by Ugo Grassi ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:23 pm

Hello Hugh (we have the same name, nice...)
About your questions about the risk scratches in the gs there is part of the answer in this old Italian article
https://translate.googleusercontent.com/...VuYk2l8jWy25AEg
There is an other modification I could do. That is about the little elastic arm just before the second sprocket.
Anyway when I refurbish a machine I have to find a compromise between genuine configuration and improve because I don't know what the buyer will like.
The only important thing is that I'm able to realize every request: totally genuine configuration or extreme customized machine.
Ps this is my first post here. I'm happy to meet here Bill a really one of the most expertise technician I know. A master...

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Ugo Grassi
Last edited Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:27 pm | Top

#32 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi Ugo and welcome to the forum. I'm sure we share more than the same name, our common interest being one. I have to ask when
you do your conversions, it gives concern, not to me per se, but someone buying a rebuild, which I'm sure is faultless, but those
problem guides that have played a part in film damage to many collectors, do you replace or fit rollers to problem areas?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#33 by Ugo Grassi ( deleted ) , Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Hello Hugh,
I don't fit rollers, I modify some path parts. That's enough. I agree with you: the gs1200 is very dangerous for the films, but to modify the machine is possible. I have many good prints and these copies are perfect.
Did you give a look to my article?

Ugo Grassi

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Rare?

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor