Now Blackpool is Over

#1 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:40 pm

Now that this years Blackpool event is over once again for yet another year, it has left me feeling even more in the mood for a Super 8 Bonanza again seeing as once again, the timing of my work pattern was impeccable...not!!

As I missed out again for yet another year, and as I am now rostered off again for a few days, I think I will begin the lead up to Christmas starting tomorrow.

I have lots of Christmas films that I dearly love, but generally only get them out once a year due to timing issues in the busy month of December. Anyhow I've just thought to myself "Why not start earlier this year, as in tomorrow", as that way you will probably get to see most of these at least twice in one year!

So as from tomorrow, i will begin a new topic entirely dedicated to the screening of the Christmas films we love to watch each year around December and hopefully will bring about a good opportunity for others to post their screenshots of their very own favourites!

From childhood, Christmas and Super 8mm are as one to me. All of my favourite memories surrounding the hobby during my informative years are based on Christmas memoirs.

It will be nice to see other peoples similar experiences based on a bygone era.

Eivind Mork likes this
Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:42 pm | Top

RE: Now Blackpool is Over

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:36 am

Strange as it may seen Andrew, my first Christmas showings were the old Universal silent horrors, not exactly seasonal, but
there were not too many Christmas themed movies on offer then. The Black Lagoon films still remind me of long gone Christmases.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:38 am | Top

RE: Now Blackpool is Over

#3 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:41 am

If it does Hugh, then show us all your screenshots from it. The theme here is any film we associate with Christmas, whatever the obscure reason.

Hopefully some very nice stories will develop from calmer and simpler days of yesteryear.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:34 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Chinon Sound 9000

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor