How big are peoples collections?

#1 by Jacob Delaney , Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:22 am

How many movies do you own on 35? Where do you store it all? The only two places I can store film are a small closet in my theater room where I also store a lot of my camera equipment, and a nice walk in closet in my bedroom but right now it's being occupied by a huge server rack and other junk. Right now I'm halted in buying 35mm or any big film because my space is running out and overflowing into my theater room .

If only film didn't care about the heat I would store it in the garage

Jacob Delaney  
Jacob Delaney
Date registered 08.03.2015
home: Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
ThankYou 2

RE: How big are peoples collections?

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:39 am

Storage is the biggest problem forme too. I think I have just over 30 features abd some trailers and shorts

If I had storage there would be quite a few I could buy very cheap.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by David Hardy ( deleted ) , Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I have a lot of 35mm prints. Not much features though as I sold off a lot of them. Its not only
the storage that is a problem though but the bloody weight.

David Hardy

#4 by Clyde Miles , Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:50 pm

like david i have a lot of 16mm features and have reached saturation point in the house regarding storage,
so last year i converted the roof space above my cinema to accomodate more prints. properly insulated
to stop drastic changes in temp.

Mats Abelli likes this

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#5 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 am

That is a very good point David raises there regarding weight, in my case, I have my shelves directly over the 12'' RSJ supported on 13''
solid walls, so no problems there, and there are nearly 200 features pressing down on that, so please take care with free standing shelves. Seriously, normal flooring joists aren't meant to take weight like this, fastenings to bearing or outside walls can be beneficial.
I don't mean to frighten anyone, but some of our members do own a lot of film and we don't want any accidents.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:04 pm

It disturbs me Gentlemen that you could be literally storing up trouble, not one of you has replied to this post, PLEASE
TAKE ON BOARD, normal flooring joists will not take the tonnage placed on them by film storage without spreading the load.
Please be careful.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Not much talk here yet.So i will set reel spinning.

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor