RE: The Secret..

#26 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Andrew, I was never entirely happy with Super 8 for more than one reason. Magnetic stripe has been good for those of us who shot their own films, and wanted to add titles, music, or just mood music; and for others like yourself, it's been good in that you could improve on the sound of the original. I would have preferred commercial prints to be optical. I always wondered what the life of the soundtrack was, is there a number of times you could show a film before the stripe started to deteriorate?

Robert Crewdson

#27 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:19 pm

You are a contiditiction, you turn everything around, you can look on the other forum and woodcock after woodcock, and don't acuse. me of mud slinging, don't throw it if your not prepared to catch a handful now and again. Oh and before I leave for good, have you asked yourself why not so many are joining or posting, maybe they are tired of the same old you spout. Now go and watch Pinnochio, I won't bother you again.

Steve Carter

#28 by Vidar Olavesen , Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:25 pm

So sad to hear this. I guess there's not much I can do, only hope you can just get past it and perhaps not read the posts. Wish you stay on, but can't force you of course.

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 344

#29 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:04 pm

I am sorry to read this as well; I don't bother much with what is going on in the other forum. I hope that this will be the main one. I don't like to see members falling out, I hope that whatever the problem is, you can put it behind you. We don't want anyone to leave the forum, it's being built up of people who have a great knowledge of the subject. Take time off to unwind, and come back tomorrow.

Robert Crewdson

#30 by Paul Browning , Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Very wise words Robert, lets hope Steve will have a change of heart, I hope so, his knowledge of the films he love's spills over into his comments, like Hugh, a reflection
of days gone by, we all remember and can relate to, I don't want to loose him from this place we all enjoy.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#31 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes, Paul; I enjoy these conversations about the days gone by.

Robert Crewdson

#32 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:50 pm

I''ve just come in on this, what the hell's going on, I thought we were the "friendly forum", reminds me of one of the pubs I used to drink in, to be fair Andrew, I know my old eyes are not what they were, but trying to read the diagrams, I thought I might need a guide dog.
Steve, hope you have calmed down, I too have a bad temper at times, ask about a dozen of them on the other forums, you have a hell of a lot to offer here, your knowledge and humour for a start, I have been there myself, arguments start over trifles really, and I like a
nice trifle myself, sherry in fact, but seriously, your good self is needed here, I've been fighting on trying to get some decent pics of "Jason" and when I finally succeed, I'd like your opinion on them. So please reconsider, we've only been going a short time, stick with us.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Vidar Olavesen sais Thank You!
Hugh Thompson Scott

#33 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:50 am

I've now amended the opening post to this topic now for those interested. It makes it understandable now hopefully and will now, with any luck, only bring about sensible discussion regarding this unique design concept in Super 8 machinery.

Andrew Woodcock
Last edited Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:14 am | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bedknobs And Broomsticks Full Length Feature

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor