Classics on Ebay

#1 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

There are a number of classic 16mm titles come up on Ebay; they are on the expensive side, I think. The seller doesn't own a projector, so can't give a full description.
Werbung: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-FILM-HIGH...=item4d38e9e09c

The following contents have been linked to this post::

Robert Crewdson

RE: Classics on Ebay

#2 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:20 pm

Don't you just love these half arsed descriptions though, they haven't viewed it for years, they assume its okay, they assume it hasn't got VS. they can't guarantee it isn't warped or full of splices, but can guarantee they want £170.00 for what is "a pig in a poke", sorry seller,
but I wouldn't touch that sale at that ridiculous price, knock a £100.00 off and be realistic. Whose to say that the film named is actually the film on the spools, had that done before.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#3 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:31 pm

These people know absolutely nothing about film, but feel qualified to give a valuation.

Robert Crewdson

#4 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:35 pm

I know you like vintage film Robert, it is a classic, if you felt you wanted it, make them an offer, its coming up to Christmas, folks
need the extra beer tokens, take control and chuck a silly offer on the table, you never know.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#5 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:29 am

All those mags he has for sell are definitely from its_on_top_of_the_wardrobe or under_ the_ bed.

Paul Browning likes this
Steve Carter

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:56 am

He has a lot of classic titles, but I won't be making an offer, would rather buy from a respected dealer. You know what you are getting. Will take a look at those mags Steve.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Paul Browning , Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:07 pm

Hope it was a tall wardrobe Steve, is mother won't be too pleased finding those under the bed, strangely enough even they are over priced, his is description for the magazines
not viewed, appear complete no pages missing ???.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#8 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:30 pm

I have two of the movies in electronic form, which I am satisfied with, even though they are classics, I wouldn't want to own every movie in celluloid. With storage space a problem, I would rather buy something I don't already have, or have never seen before. I can only think of two titles at present that I own in another format that I would be interested in if they came up.

Robert Crewdson

#9 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:35 pm

I've got the Super 8 of 'Little Lord Fauntleroy' originally 5x400, with a very young Mickey Rooney; and a Super 8 copy of 'Scarface' one of the first to come from Universal 8.

Robert Crewdson

#10 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:29 pm

Two very rare titles indeed, the latter someone was looking for quite recently.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#11 by Paul Browning , Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Scarface was for sale on the other forum Hugh, the guy from Canada had got it on his sale list, I had Casablanca off him and Invasion of the body snatchers but missed Dr Strangelove
there was some screenshots of it too.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#12 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 pm

As Rigsby said 'He probably thinks, all women have staples across their belly'. Oh the stories my other half had about Mickey Rooney, there was a character.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:14 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
EXORCIST I + II 16mm features FOR SALE

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor