Eumig 807D Instruction

#1 by Dave Alligan , Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:50 am

I have just got a Eumig 807D can any body help me out with a copy of the instruction manual

Thanks

Dave

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
Date registered 09.23.2015
home: Felixstowe
ThankYou 11

RE: Eumig 807D Instruction

#2 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 am

Dave, I posted the manual for the 810D, that might help you. Some parts will be the same.

Robert Crewdson

#3 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:10 am

Here's a non english manual

Attachment:
Eumig MarkS807 807D 810D.pdf

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#4 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 am

Dave I just got one of these, I have a problem can you look at yours and tell if the first sprocket at the top where you load film, turns on the shaft, as the one I have is slipping as it is not tight on the shaft, this is I think causing the film to stutter in the gate as it's not driving the film properly, I notice there is what appears to be a tiny grub allen screw in the side, but it might not be a screw my eyes ain't what they used to be. Thanks in anticipation.

Steve Carter

#5 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Update my good fortune did not last long, the sprocket housing is split so that is why it is not tight, any more for the scrap heap?. I am slowly getting fed up.

Steve Carter

#6 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Sad to hear that. Isn't someone selling parts for these? I think someone on the other forum had some, but can't remember the name. I bought a spare lens for a 610 I think it was.

Hope you can find one. I am about to send my 810D to service, can ask that man if he have some?

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 348

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:23 pm

I would hang on to it Steve and see if something can be done either to repair it, or get a replacement part. Do you intend to use it only for Standard 8?; maybe you could super glue it on, but it means you couldn't change over to Super 8 but you already have a B&H for that. Just a thought.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks Robert, Lee has given me some advice on how to repair it, yes I guess if it comes to the worse case scenario I would super glue it as I only want/need it to be standard 8. I just get a bit low when things go wrong, because I know with my hands I'm in for a very frustrating time fixing it, oh to be free of this stupid body.

Steve Carter

#9 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:25 pm

Yes Vidar, it's always handy to have spares, but Lee says they are unavailable now, but I may strike lucky, I have to be positive, at least it's here and if it gets a spare it will be a bonus.

Steve Carter

#10 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Yes, Lee is the man to give you advice. You can get complete sets of allen keys from Poundland and 99p shops, not something we use too much these day, but necessary to have a set indoors. I did have a brief scout around the internet to see if anyone was selling replacement sprockets, but no luck so far.

Robert Crewdson

#11 by Dave Alligan , Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello Steve

I was going to say to you that mine is stiff on the shaft but looking at the standard 8 sprocket it has two small pins that hold it in position but if you head is broken the pins arnt holding in place.

Robert

Where can I find your manual that you uploaded, think im having a senior moment (lol)

Dave

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
ThankYou 11

#12 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:37 pm

It's in the Gallery under Eumig.

Robert Crewdson

#13 by Dave Alligan , Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:46 am

Thanks Robert

Dave

Dave Alligan  
Dave Alligan
ThankYou 11

#14 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Well I have glued the plastic with Industrial Super Glue, I left it to cure for 24 hours in a clamp on Paul's advice. What I did was I got an 'L' shape bracket and put a small bolt through the shaft hole and bolted it to the bracket, clamped the bracket to the table that's the third hand with no tremor, I then got the small broken top, and stuck some blue tac to it big enough to hold with two thumbs and two fingers less tremor, I put a fine brushed coat of the glue on the clamped piece, and lowered the other piece onto it, yes it was in the right place, I gave it a few minutes then removed it from the jig, and then clamped it. Now the shaft moves into the projector with-out this plastic sprocket piece which stops this, so how was I going to stop this when I wanted to stick it to the shaft, I had a eureka moment and remembered some little wooden wedges I had made for my guitar set-ups, so I put the wedge in between the two cogs and one by one packed it with slithers of old cash cards against the projector chassis, it took about 3 pieces to hold the shaft in place. Right I have two hands free again being left handed and it's my left that is affected by tremor the most, I could steady my left with my right, so I coated the part of the shaft that the sprocket holder touches with the glue, I then placed the piece in place, I now will wait a further 24 hours, then put the grub screw in, and test. Fingers and everything is crossed.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Steve Carter

#15 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 pm

Look forward to hearing more about this Steve after the 24 hours have elapsed.

Robert Crewdson

#16 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:15 pm

That sounds a tremendous feat of patience Steve, my hat is doffed to you Sir. Have you considered ARALDITE epoxy resin, I have had
great success with this in the past with mods to the ELMO's, it gives you time to manipulate the parts you wish to glue, then sets like iron after a day to cure. It was even used in the aeroplane industry.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#17 by Clyde Miles , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:17 pm

very good stuff araldite, sets rock hard like resin. have used many times

Clyde Miles
Date registered 08.09.2015
home: bromsgrove, worcs, uk
ThankYou 19

#18 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Would a super 8 sprocket from another Eumig be any use Steve, by sprocket, I mean the toothed wheels, not the cover.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#19 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:21 pm

Yes Hugh if this doesn't work I will get some, the thing is I asked 'she may be the beauty or the beast' to get me some and she came back with some contact glue telling me she couldn't find any POXY GLUE.

Steve Carter

#20 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry, my faux pas, its std 8mm you're after. Any hardware shop should stock it Steve, if all else fails,TOOLSTATION or SCREWFIX.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:25 pm | Top

#21 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:26 pm

No it's not the sprocket teeth Hugh, it's the plastic that sit's under it, that is fixed to the shaft that the toothed sprocket clips onto. Yes Toolstation aren't bad for things your only going to use once or so, should have got the Wife from there.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:28 pm | Top

#22 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:31 pm

Is the shaft split Steve, or broken off completely?

Hugh Thompson Scott

#23 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:58 pm

It's a good job she doesn't read this Steve or there would be more than the Eumig with teeth problems. Women can be so stroppy.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#24 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:12 pm

No the metal drive shaft is good, it's this piece;

Steve Carter

#25 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:25 pm

That should be relatively simple Steve, you are going to need your ARALDITE though. My stratagem, get me with the big words, would be
to clean surfaces to be glued with meths or some other alcohol, apply the glue, fix the two together firmly, a wind of cotton around the
circumference will hold it in place firmly, leave for at least a day for the epoxy glue to cure, it is far and away better than any super glues, which are not as strong as they used to be. After it has gone rock hard, you may remove any "snots" with a modelling knife or a gentle sand.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Sound bars

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 2
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor