RE: Eumig 807D Instruction

#26 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes Hugh, I will do that if the super glue fails. Instead of that nut and bolt affair which pushes against the top of the plastic, they should have made it with a metal sleeved inner with screw thread, like the old volume control knobs. Perhaps Edwin can make a 3d printed part for this.

Steve Carter
Last edited Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:05 pm | Top

#27 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm

I have a Eumig "modern" projector, I forget the number, but its a super 8 job, the size of the disc should be the same, I'll see if its removable and might suit your needs if I can get it off.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#28 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks Hugh, I don't know if it will be the same, but it's worth a look at, thank-you for thinking of it and the offer.

Steve Carter

#29 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Steve, I checked the Eumig I have, the most modern, its the 932 supersound, I know its super 8, but was thinking if the sprocket
wheels are separate from the teeth and plastic, great, unfortunately the only bits of metal on the bloody thing are the sprockets
they appear to be just hollow metal discs, the rest of the machine is plastic, everything! If you're still having difficulty, I can
have a go at repairing your faulty one.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#30 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks Hugh, well I'm going to test it later, so......I haven't anything else to cross, it's a case of suck it and see.

Another Vertigo Annual.

Steve Carter

#31 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Well the part glued OK and ran, but the picture still stutters, I noticed there is only one claw pin, but the arm has two holes, so provision for two claw pins is this the reason for unsteady picture? if so I'm stuffed.

Steve Carter

#32 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:58 pm

It looks to me that the seller unloaded some junk on you, sorry Steve, but you need to take steps to get your money back.

Robert Crewdson

#33 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Don't worry Steve, if its a dual projector, they only use the one claw, I fitted a second one on my old S709, as I only
used it for std 8.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#34 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:14 pm

Regarding stutter Steve, are the loops above and below the gate sufficient and they aren't catching anything.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#35 by Steve Carter ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Right so here it is, I thought I'll run a super 8 film steady as a rock no problems, so I got to looking at the gate, I cut a piece of film and placed in the super 8 gate a slid it through a lovely smooth fit. Now to the standard 8 gate same test not so smooth, in fact a bit sloppy. So I loosened the two tiny side screws that adjust the gate path and slightly moved the guide over and re-tightened the screws. ran the standard 8 film, voila, no stutters, yes you can now see a bit of the side frame, maybe I'll adjust it back a bit, or no should I leave it, after all the mask of the screen will hide it, and it is running, even a really bad old Flintstones film ran OK. So thanks to all on the forum for your help, advice and concerns. Thank-you.

The following members like this: Paul Browning and Vidar Olavesen
Steve Carter

#36 by Paul Browning , Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Well done Steve, you stuck with it, and now just a bit of adjustment to get running smooth again.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

#37 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Glad you got it sorted Steve.

Robert Crewdson

#38 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:43 pm

Just shows with a bit of "stickability", anything is possible, pleased for you Steve, mark it up to yourself and not throwing in the towel.

Hugh Thompson Scott

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Sound bars

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 1
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor