Saturday Night Fever/The Champ

#1 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:04 pm

This afternoon I watched 2 400' digests: "The Champ" (1979) distributed by MGM and "Saturday Night Fever" (1977) distributed by Marketing Film.
Pictures were difficult to get with so much daylight still out, so I only included a handful from SNF. These two reels have gotten multiple plays in my house.

The following members like this: Vidar Olavesen and Paul Browning
Paul Browning sais Thank You!
Timothy Duncan

RE: Saturday Night Fever/The Champ

#2 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:07 pm

Nice screenshots Tim! Are the songs complete ones or partial in the digest? I been meaning to ask that question.

Douglas Warren

#3 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:20 pm

Doug,
In the SNF digest, most songs are not heard in their entirety, and most of the scenes included are edited down too. The only complete segment is the final dance sequence between Tony and Stephanie to the song of "More Than a Woman". Sadly, the music heard does not have a good sound quality. But you do hear several snippets of songs on this 400' digest.

Timothy Duncan

#4 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks Tim as I was curious what could be heard in the digest.I was 16 when that movie hit and it was truly a monster of a hit.

Douglas Warren

#5 by Timothy Duncan ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:27 pm

Will have to try and do a complete review on it with additional screenshots at some point.

Timothy Duncan
Last edited Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:28 pm | Top

#6 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Good screenshots Tim.

Robert Crewdson

#7 by Paul Browning , Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:08 pm

This would have made a great feature on 8 lpp, I have the marketing feature but this has turned red now, all but some colour is left. This was a huge hit, really slow burner
with the music soundtrack being a best seller, I think derann missed the boat here.

Paul Browning  
Paul Browning
Date registered 09.13.2015
ThankYou 181

Last edited 09.23.2015 | Top

#8 by Andrew Woodcock ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:16 pm

I agree Paul. I find it nostalgic magic but then maybe , just maybe our other mutual passion in life has something to do with it! Ha ha.

Mine still has lots of colour but it is a tricky one to gauge as so many of the dance scenes would have looked red even when this film was brand new.

I can still thoroughly enjoy films like this though, even with a little fade. Great music decent story and Travolta in his heyday just takes me all the way back to my Sisters very own hey days. Happy Days!

Andrew Woodcock

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Doctor Zhivago and White Line Fever

disconnected Reel-Chat Members online 0
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor