Sources for 16 mm movie trailers?

#1 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:02 am

Besides Evilbay,who else sells 16 mm movie trailers? Any dealer or individual sellers contact information would be very much appreciated.
Cheers,Douglas

Douglas Warren

RE: Sources for 16 mm movie trailers?

#2 by Vidar Olavesen , Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:19 am

Think Foster and CHC would be a possibility. See Dealer and Shop list

Vidar Olavesen
Date registered 08.02.2015
home: Sarpsborg, Norway
ThankYou 350

#3 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Thank you Vidar and I will check out the vendor lists.

Douglas Warren

#4 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Paul Foster has them. Trailers can be expensive.

Robert Crewdson

#5 by Douglas Warren ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:49 pm

Robert,
Thank you for the info. Indeed,I paid nearly $20.00 (USD) for my "A Bridge Too Far" trailer,but I'm happy to have it.The nice thing is that it's a compilation of three different trailers with a total running time of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Douglas Warren

#6 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi Lads, coming late, Buckingham Films and Paul Foster are excellent sources for trailers on 16mm, I've had some nice stuff from both companies, I got quite a few from the late, but great Pete Hemstock, who had a truly brilliant second hand film list, I still kick myself on missing a documentary on a pin up, Fiona Richmond, still, that's a search in itself, but trailers do still surface.

Vidar Olavesen likes this
Hugh Thompson Scott

#7 by Robert Crewdson ( deleted ) , Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Sometimes you get unexpected extras; in the trailer 'Lone Star', starring Clark Gable and Broderick Crawford, they talk to the cameras about the film and working with each other. Then there is 'Against All Flags' with Errol Flynn and Maureen O'Hara: Flynn breaks off from the action to talk to the camera; another Flynn movie 'Northern Pursuit' has a scene shot from a different angle than the one which appears in the film. I have a trailer of 'The Big Trees' starring Kirk Douglas, as this is B&W and the feature was in colour, I assume this was for advertising on TV. I have the trailer to 'The Flying Deuces', Laurel & Hardy, which I have never seen before.

Robert Crewdson

#8 by Dean Barron ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2016 7:43 am

If you message me, I will put you in touch with my father-in-law, who has hundreds of 400' reels of shorts, trailers, cartoons as well as over one-hundred classic, full-length 16mm feature films. He is getting on in years, and would really like to sell his entire collection of movies and projectors. He resides in Alamogordo, NM, and needs someone to be willing to come with a (large) truck and transport his entire collection. If you, or someone you know has a passion for classic films--this is a golden opportunity to make an old man, and yourself very happy. I will proved contact information to seriously interested individuals who are willing and able to acquire his entire collection.

Dean Barron

#9 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Hello Dean and welcome, yet another new member that actually has something to say, great. Although at the same time it is very
sad that your Father in law is parting company with his films. It would be lovely to be able to say, yes I'll take them, but the reality is that
he wants the best price, which puts it out there, who amongst us can afford a whole collection? Yes odd titles would be sold, but
if he is looking for a complete sale of all titles, then that puts you into a dealers hands, who will offer a deal. My advice would be
to offer a list of films to collectors with prices, or put them on ebay, that of course comes with costs to them. At least when selling to
collectors, the full sum comes to the seller. Hope this helps.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat May 07, 2016 12:11 pm | Top

#10 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 07, 2016 12:25 pm

Hugh, you say Buckingham Films, are they still selling? I asked for lists a couple of times, never got anything

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 350

#11 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi Vidar, yes Bucks film is still there, I spoke with Tony on Thursday, he is putting a list together and will send to me, when
it lands, I'll send a PDF or whatever its called.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#12 by Vidar Olavesen , Sat May 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks. I wonder why I never got lists? I asked a couple of times. He (whomever it was at BFCC when I was there) said I should send them an email and I'll get a list, but never did. Not the second time I asked either. I wonder if I am in peoples spam filters a lot (since Phil also has this tendency to not reply)

I'd love to see the list, so appreciate if you forward it to me, Hugh. Thanks

Vidar Olavesen
ThankYou 350

#13 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Well truth be told, our Tony is 80 years of age, so is taking life a bit easier now, he used to send lists out every
couple of months or so, but now its when he gets round to it, but he did say I would get one, rest assured my little Nordic pal,
as soon as its through the letterbox, you will have it in your mail. As for Phil, well he makes noises but is a bad fulfiller, I wouldn't
place any faith in him. Have you tried Wally Smith at Pinedene Films, he is infirm, but has help now and again to look for film.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Last edited Sat May 07, 2016 6:46 pm | Top

#14 by Dave Guest , Tue May 10, 2016 1:33 am

I have quite a few I would sell

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

#15 by Hugh Thompson Scott ( deleted ) , Tue May 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Way to go Dave, any idea of titles for sale, I'm sure there are many interested parties on here that would be quite
happy to buy them from you.

Hugh Thompson Scott

#16 by Dave Guest , Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:02 pm

I have quite a lot of trailers for sale email me on dwgdodgems@hotmail.co.uk
I have classic black and whites and colour ones to as well as adverts

Dave Guest
Date registered 09.28.2015
home: lancashire
ThankYou 69

Repairs
STILL SEARCHING....